The Vault
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 25th Aniversary Steve Morse Guitar?

User Info Menu

25th Aniversary Steve Morse Guitar?

As most of you may know, next year will mark the 25th year of production for the original Steve Morse model guitar. Music Man seems to really like celebrating milestones of the sort and I was wondering if anyone knew if there is going to be a special guitar for the occasion. I don't see why not, so...post your thoughts and feelings.
    I has one ball!

Tobacco Burst BFR ASS-4/6/09
    ENGL Steve Morse 100

User Info Menu

Ill bet BP knows whether or not there is going to be a SM25th... haha.

They did do the SMY2D for the 20th. The only thing we know they have brewing is the Chambered Y2D but, I think that may be planned as a regular production guitar if it is ever released.

So, who knows???
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

User Info Menu

I'm sure that BP knows the answer. we'll see probably it at the summer Namm show.
    MM Luke ll. Rolls Burgundy
    MM Luke BFR Bahama Blue Burst
    MM Luke ll. Blue Pearl Fully loaded
    MM Luke ll. Radiance Red w/ Matching headstock

User Info Menu

Tommy has some great stories from the road of prototypes and testing Who knows what'll happen. Then again, Steve's still playing the heck out of his #1 and you never see him without it, so that says something about getting it right the first time.

You just never know ... do ya?

User Info Menu

I was able to play a standard Morse yesterday for the first time. I'm sold. Such a great sounding, feeling, and versatile guitar.
    1992 EBMM EVH

User Info Menu

I may be wrong but I remember BP saying that tone block and fixed bridge from the morse was not the best combination ... I think he said that when Tommy introduced the chambered floyd Y2D

found the quote

Currently Steve is not a tone block guy It has a lot to do with the tune a matic in my opinion....THis guitar is chambered and was a brainchild of steve and mine on the clinic tour we did
    Last edited by threeminutesboy; 03-03-2010 at 10:56 AM.
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

If there is a 25th which most likely there will be. BP has his work cut out for him to improve on what exists. Maybe just a special colour, no body mods.

User Info Menu

I really hope it ends up being like the standard Morse but with the maple top and maybe the y2d colors. If it's just the y2d but chambered I wouldn't really think twice about it. I think the y2d is cool but I really like the switching on the standard and I like the solid pickguard more than the clear one. I know those things are rather trivial, but it's just personal taste. Call me crazy
    I has one ball!

ENGL Steve Morse 100

User Info Menu

Steve said in January that the chambered model is going to happen. He just wants to get the balance between the pickups right first.
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

User Info Menu

Basswood+carved maple top body, ebony board SMY2D with a Dragon Burst with a TOM bridge and string-thru body!!!

*oops* Hehehe... let that one slip. One can dream, right?

User Info Menu

hope it doesn't have a pick guard
    What if we pick the wrong religion? Every week, we're just making God madder and madder!!! - Homer Simpson

User Info Menu

what? 7 string morse?

unrealistic isnt it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    what? 7 string morse?

unrealistic isnt it
    That would be sick. I'd have to buy it
    1992 EBMM EVH

User Info Menu

A 7 string Morse would be beautiful!
    I has one ball!

ENGL Steve Morse 100

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Steve said in January that the chambered model is going to happen. He just wants to get the balance between the pickups right first.
    Colin, is that the model we got a sneak peak on a while back? The one that had a 25th/Reflex body and the traditional SM bridge?
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo (For Sale PM if Interested)