The Vault
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any dutch BFR JP owners?

User Info Menu

any dutch BFR JP owners?

i'm thinking about upgrading to BFR but i'm not that rich that i can just order one and then roll with it.

any fellow cheese heads out there who would point me in the direction of a dealer with a BFR JP in stock or who could otherwise put me up for half an hour. (if it happens to be a koa, twice as cool).

indeed required, ik zal de bier regelen
    Quote Originally Posted by robelinda2 View Post
    Life sucks when you have to play metal on a JP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    This is normal..noting to see...no cause for alarm. You are a perfect guitarist.
    BP on BKrumme's recurring waiting for the UPS guy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    indeed required, ik zal de bier regelen
    I don't speak Dutch, but I think I understand this part .
    Do you prefer Heineken or Grolsch ?

User Info Menu

j'aime pas de bierre, but it's standard around here. around these parts, it's polite to bring bavaria,
    This is normal..noting to see...no cause for alarm. You are a perfect guitarist.

User Info Menu

Hey dante,

I'm from The Netherlands, just bought myself a musicman luke BFR through marktplaats.nl

User Info Menu

hey dante

if you have time go see a blackburst bfr at The American Guitar Store in Enschede.
    its a really nice guitar and avalible new for 3100€ and maybe you can even fix it for 3000€

good luck with finding 1

User Info Menu

Hey Musicboy1991

Are you from Enschede ???
    I lived there during 1 year ... some fond memories ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fbecir View Post
    Hey Musicboy1991

Are you from Enschede ???
    I lived there during 1 year ... some fond memories ...
    i'm living here whole my live now :P great city and great guitar store
    kay is a very polite and salsesman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Musicboy1991 View Post
    i'm living here whole my live now :P great city and great guitar store
    kay is a very polite and salsesman
    I lived in Enschede in 1993. I was studying in the ITC.
    It seems that Enschede changed a lot during the last 20 years. But I am sure that all the pubs are still great (as you can imagine I know quite well the Grolsch bier )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikkel View Post
    Hey dante,

I'm from The Netherlands, just bought myself a musicman luke BFR through marktplaats.nl
    thanks mikkel, but i need to test the finished neck as well, since it's been my nr1 reason for not buying a BFR JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicboy1991 View Post
    hey dante

if you have time go see a blackburst bfr at The American Guitar Store in Enschede.
    its a really nice guitar and avalible new for 3100€ and maybe you can even fix it for 3000€

good luck with finding 1
    Enschede it is then! thanks man. i think that might be the only JP bfr left in the whole of holland.... otherwise they need to work on their webvertising...

edit: gvd takke eind!

User Info Menu

Hey Dante

I have the very same urge...Although I'm very happy with my Musicman Petrucci JP6 which I bought at Dijkman in Amsterdam May 2005, I'd love to get my hands on a BFR even the 10th anniversary JPX 6 just to see...

But like you said, finding somewhere in The Netherlands is tricky. Think I'll drop the importers (Voerman in Amersfoort) an email to see if they've delivered any recently.

so, any joy with your search?

User Info Menu

errr, how do i put this... i made a huge jump... back to 24.75ers with fixed bridges from a brand who made it's reputation with unacceptable marketing.

User Info Menu

dude..haha :P why?

if orderd a JPX almost 10 weeks ago and still not here

User Info Menu

well, cuz my next purchase would have been the jp koa and i though "... well, suppose it's not exactly what i want, i'll be pretty &issed."

i got an awesome deal on something else and jumped on it. surprise, it does exactly what i want. i won't be discussing it openly here =)

User Info Menu

Dante, I thought you already ordered a koa?! Apparently not but something I thought I recalled .

I'm from Enschede actually, great city, great pubs and a cool guitarshop. The American Guitarstore has a very nice selection. Always great value for money instruments and some very nice collector's and high end guitars. Kaj, the owner is a really nice bloke who always treated me great in the 15 years I've been hanging out there. The black BFR they have is bloody awesome and they also have a very nice 20th. When you get there, Dante, do yourself a favor and also try the Warrior guitars (hope I'm not crossing any lines here, if so I'll edit of course). Only brand I would consider besides EBMM if I won the lottery. Different instruments though, furniture grade really and they cost a fortune, but really nice.
    GEAR:
    - 1993 Silo in Cherryburst with Floyd
    - Roland VG-99

User Info Menu

never got around to it, i was afraid of spending the kind of money on a variation of a model that doesn't thrill me anymore. y2d is the only model that i really connect to. too bad there's no gibsonized version of it.

i have too say, i wish this other company had the reputation for quality across the board EBMM has.