Not electric until you plug it in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NGD-CFB had to get this one

User Info Menu

NGD-CFB had to get this one

Well I still am retiring/slowing way down BUT when this one popped up for sale had to bring it in to the fold.

First want to thank Gary- marillion-freak - for working with me on this one and making it a quick and easy transaction, thanks

Well I have always regretted leting go of my original Dargies and man these just do not become available very often so I was on this one quick, must have sent three PM's in a hours time LOL

So here it is an original Dargie Delight MM-90 AL hardtail, it is a thing of beauty and dead mint, very well taken care of and happy to have it.

So anyways proof its now in the CFB pic

And finally a DD I and a DD II fine pair of Dargie goodness

User Info Menu

Nice! Congrats CFB.
    The world needs more Balls!
    1995 EVH - DOB 8/25/95 - Trans Red Hardtail
    1996 Albert Lee HHH - DOB 3/8/96 - Black
    1999 Axis - DOB 3/11/99 - Natural
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette - Rosewood w/Trem - DOB 9/21/06 - Caramel Burst
    2007 Silhouette w/Piezo - DOB 7/26/07 - Desert Gold
    2007 Albert Lee - DOB 10/25/07 - Vintage Sunburst
    2009 25th Anniversary - DOB 8/13/09 - BFR Rosewood Neck - SN 001 of 25
    2010 Silhouette Special SSS - DOB 1/26/10 - Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Congrats Keith. Original DD is an instant classic.

Gotta luv those glasses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fingbeagles View Post
    Well I still am retiring/slowing way down BUT......
    LOL! One of the funniest, most untrue things I've ever read on the forums. You sir, will never be able to stop buying balls.

Congrats Keith. It looks great. I'm glad you've got a DD and DDII in the line-up. I saw that for sale, too. And was wondering if it would stay in the family.

Scott

User Info Menu

Keith, keep this one! Those are surely rare and if you let it go you will probably not find another for sale. Great score!

User Info Menu

very nice

( i won't say a word about the purchase)
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Keith.....what was that you were saying to me on the way to that Mexican restaurant......something something....I can't quite remember.....

Here I feel like I splurged, grabbing Glenn's silo spec pickups......

Well, enjoy that green Al. I'll be rehersing in an hour with my Al....
    7/29/04 EBMM Sub1 X11376 oil/wax neck, gloss black body, faux binding, HSS w/5 way and silent circuit
    keep in mind that you are talking about four pieces of wood two pots one switch a trem along with springs two pickups and some wire.....BP

User Info Menu

The CFB strikes again! I had a feeling it was you who snagged it...I would have if I lived in the US! Congrats on a super nice piece!
    Don't you dare to ever sell this gem...I'll be in a lot of trouble if you do!
    Last edited by Coffeemug; 05-22-2010 at 11:30 AM.
    c(_)
    Albert Lee BFR Pinkburst 07/16/09
    Albert Lee SSS Trans Gold 06/09/04
    Albert Lee Dargie Delight II 10/30/09
    Albert Lee MM90 White Pearl 08/10/08
    Steve Morse Y2D Purple Sunset 02/18/08
    25th Anniversary 04/01/09
    Axis Sport HSS Trans Gold 03/11/98

User Info Menu

Nice one; I was wondering who picked that one up - should have known

User Info Menu

cfb...killer!
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
    LOL! One of the funniest, most untrue things I've ever read on the forums. You sir, will never be able to stop buying balls.

Congrats Keith. It looks great. I'm glad you've got a DD and DDII in the line-up. I saw that for sale, too. And was wondering if it would stay in the family.

Scott
    Scott,

Glad I can provide you with a laugh, and sir I must stop, running out of ones to flip and yea having DD I and II is nice

Quote Originally Posted by fogman View Post
    very nice

( i won't say a word about the purchase)
    Thnaks Foggy on all accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack FFR1846 View Post
    Keith.....what was that you were saying to me on the way to that Mexican restaurant......something something....I can't quite remember.....

Here I feel like I splurged, grabbing Glenn's silo spec pickups......

Well, enjoy that green Al. I'll be rehersing in an hour with my Al....
    Yea Jack I know, I quite recall that conversation just couldnt help myself on this one, you know I do like Dargie Green, look at how quick I spotted that Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeemug View Post
    The CFB strikes again! I had a feeling it was you who snagged it...I would have if I lived in the US! Congrats on a super nice piece!
    Don't you dare to ever sell this gem...I'll be in a lot of trouble if you do!
    Thanks Patrick, this one was going to be mine and as long as my hands work its not leaving but if i do let it go in the years down the road you will be the first to know

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Nice one; I was wondering who picked that one up - should have known
    John,

Yes you should have

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    cfb...killer!
    Thanks BP love me some Dargie and well we all learn fron the errors of our ways

User Info Menu

Oh and BTW both the DD I and DD II need different pick guards, black is fine for now but need to spice them up have some of my own ideas but would love to hear fourmites thoughts.

User Info Menu

I did 2 mock ups for Patrick’s Dargie AL.

White & Black pearl. Both looked good.

User Info Menu

Nice snag Keith, I almost moved on that one, was considering it.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fingbeagles View Post
    Oh and BTW both the DD I and DD II need different pick guards, black is fine for now but need to spice them up have some of my own ideas but would love to hear fourmites thoughts.
    Is it the plain black that you don't like or black in general. Like Jeff said, I think the black pearloid would look cool. And maybe white pearloid. I really like the look of black hardware (pickups, knobs, etc) on a white pickguard, but I'm wondering if the white would be too much of a contrast with the green.