Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Required Reading: FORUM DECORUM

I absolutely concur with all of the above...!

The friendly and fun atmosphere really is what makes this place worth spending time visiting...I really do not want to "invest" any of my spare time into something that is not worthwhile and this forum has been a fun daily routine ever since I joined (and it made me appreciate the company and instruments even more). It is unique how much effort and time is being put into this forum by BP and crew and how we get to kinda participate and have insightful great information and stories...you can learn something new everyday and I sincerely hope it'll stay such a great place!

I too noticed that the tenor changed a bit over the last couple of months and even though it is still a great place and quite polite in comparison to other forums I'm one of those (many many!) users who come here to share and collect information in a friendly environment. I make a living out of dealing with other people's hassle and I most certainly don't need that here as well...!

Yes, it might be a little bit of "preaching to the choir" but I'm sure everyone gets the drift...it can't be all too hard getting yourself together and try to make this place a little bit better...I mean...if one invests all this time typing offensive stuff he surely has enough time reading through it before posting...so there are no excuses as most of the trouble is being created on purpose...everyone has a bad day once in a while but we all should use the forum to get over it and hang around a bunch of like-minded spirits instead of taking all the bulls*** to the forums.

It's not too much asking for politeness and respect...should be common sense (not only here on the forums).
    Last edited by Coffeemug; 07-13-2010 at 01:17 AM.
    c(_)
    Albert Lee BFR Pinkburst 07/16/09
    Albert Lee SSS Trans Gold 06/09/04
    Albert Lee Dargie Delight II 10/30/09
    Albert Lee MM90 White Pearl 08/10/08
    Steve Morse Y2D Purple Sunset 02/18/08
    25th Anniversary 04/01/09
    Axis Sport HSS Trans Gold 03/11/98

Quote Originally Posted by roburado View Post
    Cool.

However, I wonder if for the people reading this thread it's kind of like preaching to the choir.
    it's like pointing ppl in the direction of CS, we'll just politely point trolls in this direction.

actually some of the stuff being flung around has me being more of a lurker than an active member, even tho i'm back every thirty minutes.

EDIT: are we still allowed to fight in threads about EBMM making pointy guitars?

EDIT: and please say "welcome to the forum!" when you tell someone to contact CS, okay? OKAY?
    Last edited by Dante; 07-13-2010 at 06:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by robelinda2 View Post
    Life sucks when you have to play metal on a JP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    This is normal..noting to see...no cause for alarm. You are a perfect guitarist.
    BP on BKrumme's recurring waiting for the UPS guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roburado View Post
    Cool.

However, I wonder if for the people reading this thread it's kind of like preaching to the choir.
    \
    Rob buddy this is sort of an example of how things start to go bad then there is a whole discussion over whats bad. we have restated our rules. Period. If its preaching to the choir so be it. It is a written notification that can be referred back to in the event of an issue. Everyone has sort of morphed into a mind set of subtle critique. This post is a perfect example...In the old days Rob you would have stopped at Cool....

See when we restate our rules it gets second guessed. No biggie just making a point. Lets get back to good healthy stuff like talking about all of you knuckleheads next guitars!
    Last edited by Big Poppa; 07-13-2010 at 06:29 AM.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

most of the trouble is being created on purpose
    I think this is exactly correct. And who has time for that kind of garbage? While I don't hang much on the guitar side (thank the deity of your choice for Beej), we do talk amongst us. Not much of a mystery that much of the trouble comes from a very few people, so those very few can read this and heed this or - not. But they're not going to poop on every thread anymore. It's about fun, and fun isn't smelling their waste.

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    they're not going to poop on every thread anymore. It's about fun, and fun isn't smelling their waste.
    this post goes to 11...

thanks guys! Bring on the good 'ol day of yesterday... for some reason that sounds like it could be or was a song...
    Enjoy the Journey - Enjoy the Process
    G27494 20th Anniversary Silhouette
    G53462 Silhouette Special
    SG31073 StingRay
    SG26540 LK100D
    SG23128 AX40
    SG VALENTINE

Quote Originally Posted by Smellybum5150 View Post
    Phew - english dental is stil in !

Seriously though great to see a solid stance on this, I've found the last few weeks a little uncomfortable and posted less as a result, with the rules in place people know what is and isn't acceptable - and we can all have fun.

Thanks to BP & The mods for your wisdom and guidance.
    I really share Smelly's sentiments, which is why I've been strangely silent recently as well.

But..... Ok, I'm being overly sensitive and it's probably a joke anyway, but the English Dental thing...? It's probably a joke in the same way that we (folks in the UK) make fun of each other, but if we're stopping it, surely we're stopping all of it?
    "this place would be a paradise tomorrow, if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun"

Monkey Likey

Yes, it's a joke ... he's being light-hearted to take the edge off

Blog Entries
    Enough.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.