Strap Blocks

Thread: Need a strap for my JPX

User Info Menu

Need a strap for my JPX

i'm searching for a strap for m new JPX because my store offerd me a free strap including my new guitar but i don't know which one to buy....
    i really prefer the levy's strap of a friend of mine... its a thick wide leather strap with soft foam inside. I love the softines of the strap. are these the comfort straps of levy's?

so i'm looking for suggestions for a nice strap that has the comfort of the levy's strap but he black leather look so standard for me... Maybe ernieball makes such soft leather straps??

gotta be comforatble and cool looking ofcourse :P
    tnx for the help
    Last edited by Musicboy1991; 08-23-2010 at 03:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Hey Dude,

I would like to recommend you the straps from Harvest, handmade in Germany (since your from holland, the shipping won't be too expensive, I guess.)

They have a reaaally nice quality, IMO even better than the Levy's straps have. Besides, it's just the most comfortable strap I've ever worn. Even a Les Paul will be a lightweight on your shoulders, that's for sure.

Here's the URL and I guess you want to make sure you get one with a reinforced pad inside the strap. These are the most comfortables!

Harvest Fine Leather | Straps for Guitar and Bass

User Info Menu

As a loyal Forum member.....
    Ernie Ball | Products

User Info Menu

I'm a fan of the Dunlop Cliplock straps. The cotton ones are better than the nylon ones because they seem to grab your shirt and keep the guitar in place. Nylon likes to slip around - good for Yngwie guitar slinging antics, but not for average playing. Haha. Also, the cotton ones have a nicer looking end where they attach to the guitar.

And, there have been no adverse affects on the finish where the cliplocks have hit it on the bottom of body and upper horn of my Mystic Dream JP.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MusicManJP6 View Post
    I'm a fan of the Dunlop Cliplock straps. The cotton ones are better than the nylon ones because they seem to grab your shirt and keep the guitar in place. Nylon likes to slip around - good for Yngwie guitar slinging antics, but not for average playing. Haha. Also, the cotton ones have a nicer looking end where they attach to the guitar.

And, there have been no adverse affects on the finish where the cliplocks have hit it on the bottom of body and upper horn of my Mystic Dream JP.
    Hmm I use cliplocks too, they're really nice. I tried a Levy's and they're VERY comfortable, however I couldn't adjust the strap enough to my liking(I play my guitar sort of high up, allows some more precision :P )
    Ernie Ball!
    ~~Mystic Dream JP-6 John Petrucci Music Man - G46281 -Born: 8/25/09 ~~
    ~~Pearl Redburst JP-7 John Petrucci Music Man - F25909 -Born: 4/23/10~~

User Info Menu

I'm in the market for a strap aswell right now. I've had Cliploks on guitars in the past and really like the Nylon feel and the simple look. The negative is obviously potential damage the clips can cause to the finish.
    MusicMan...how high can you configure the cotton straps? I like to play them JP high like Flingvb...yet even the Cliploks seem longer than they used to be.
    Does anyone know if John's are customized to go shorter than 43"...?
    2008 JP7 Fully Loaded Lava Pearl
    2008 JP6 BFR Amethyst Flame

User Info Menu

Cliplok are great straps mainly because the hardware is low profile: it's basically just a screw. Easily to install, won't pop out while rocking out, they're comfortable, and they're very cheap.

User Info Menu

i don't like and cliplock :P

i'm looking for a padded leather strap (money doesn't matter because i get 1 for free with my jpx i bought)
    saw a few levy's like the MSS13 or the MSS2CK or the PM31
    http://www.levysleathers.com/browse;...Padded-Leather

but i can't test then or somthing
    And what color looks nice with a JPX? maybe a white one? or should i go a little more darker color?

User Info Menu

dude, go for I a harvest, honestly! they're are truly way more padded than any of the levy's...

User Info Menu

i use cliplocks on both my JP's, no problems with scratching the finish.

Yes, the shortest stock length is a little long for me, but theres 2 ways around this: you can actually get a cliplock in a shorter length, or you can do what i did.

i folded about an inch of the strap over onto itself, on the back end of the strap, and put some pop rivets in it to secure it. As long as you do it on the back of the strap (input jack strap button side) you will still be able to have some adjustability
    JP6 Mystic Dream Loaded 05/20/09 signed August 18/09
    JP7 DDII Loaded 10/08/09 signed June 26/10
    Mesa F-30
    Lonestar 4x12
    Marshall ASD50