The Vault

Thread: HELP! How to replace the Dsonic with the Crunch Lab???

User Info Menu

HELP! How to replace the Dsonic with the Crunch Lab???

Hey Guys!

I really hope that you can help me out with that.
    I`m having a MM JP BFR with the D-sonic/custom wound combo.
    Now i want to replace the D Sonic with a Crunch Lab.

Do i just have to replace the green Cable with the green cable, the red with the red etc... or is there something diffenent???
    I`m not that sure because of that story that JP turned his pickups around that the bar shows to neck...

Thanks!

User Info Menu

If the D-sonic is factory original (which it should be on an older BFR) then simply match up the wire color for the crunch lab.

The EB D-sonic and EB neck pickup had the wiring re-engineered so they could use the same solder pads on the toggle switch even though the pickups were in a non-dimarzio-factory orientation.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Thanks!

But i have another question!

The Holes in the PUs for the Screws are too small! Do I have to bore a bigger hole??

User Info Menu

You can fit the screws to the holes before putting the pickups in the guitar. The screws will fit tightly and will be difficult to turn at first but keep turning them - once the hole in the baseplate opens up a little bit they will go through just fine.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

hey man this is the diagram of wiring from the push pull tone !!!!!!!!!!! and that is the configuration of the pickups!!!!!!!!!! greetings from colombia

User Info Menu

Hey thanks a lot, both of you!

The diagramm is good, but again not like in my guitar. The red and green wires go to the PushPull but end up in the dot in the left "up" corner and not in the middle, like the diagram says...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedi View Post
    Hey thanks a lot, both of you!

The diagramm is good, but again not like in my guitar. The red and green wires go to the PushPull but end up in the dot in the left "up" corner and not in the middle, like the diagram says...
    buddy you can take a picture of your push pull diagram???? or maybe a picture os the wiring of your bfr, please!!! i want the thing of the push pull in my jp6