Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: John Petrucci interview with DT Norway

User Info Menu

John Petrucci interview with DT Norway

hi forumites,

here is a link to an new interview with John.
    they talk a lot about his gear. take a listen:

http://www.dtnorway.com/EP6.m4a
    91 EVH Trans Black Quilt Top
    ?? Axis EX Trans Red Quilt Top
    05 JP6 Mystic Dream
    09 JP6 Dargie Delight II
    10 JP6 Pearl Redburst Limited
    07 JP6 BFR Ruby Red Burst
    05 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    06 SM-Y2D Tobacco Burst
    10 SM-Y2D BFR Black Sugar
    12 SM-Y2D PDN Honey Roasted
    14 SM-Y2D Rosewood Neck Solar Flare
    OLP MM-5 Silhouette Bassguitar
    OLP MM-1
    SBMM JP70 Stealth Black
    SBMM JP70D Pearl White ltd.

check out: www.reverbnation.com/morbidsky

User Info Menu

Cool interview. Thanks for the link. I really like the fact that They talked about other things than DT and guitar. I think a really good lesson everyone should take from this is the importance of exercise and living a healthy lifestyle. I'm not into body building per se but I work out consistently and eat healthy, and it makes a big difference in how I approach playing guitar and technique wise as well. Also like how BP turned him onto Smoking hehe.
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

BP!!! What have you done?! John is smoking turkeys now!

Now if I could only get my hands on a pellet smoker here in Korea......
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roubster View Post
    Cool interview. Thanks for the link. I really like the fact that They talked about other things than DT and guitar. I think a really good lesson everyone should take from this is the importance of exercise and living a healthy lifestyle. I'm not into body building per se but I work out consistently and eat healthy, and it makes a big difference in how I approach playing guitar and technique wise as well. Also like how BP turned him onto Smoking hehe.
    While body building is fitness, it's not necessarily the healthiest sport. But you're right, maintaining an active lifestyle is important, and it will certainly make you a better guitar player.
    JP Dargie Delight Too G39071 born 9.25.09
    JP10 G49552 born on youtube? 3.24.10

My dream EBMM: a Dargie JPX with unfinished RW neck, oversized martini inlays, and Gamechanger

User Info Menu

That was great !!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by the24thfret View Post
    While body building is fitness, it's not necessarily the healthiest sport. But you're right, maintaining an active lifestyle is important, and it will certainly make you a better guitar player.
    I agree...like I said I am personally not into body building. I find actual body builders quite repulsive...they remind me of those pics of cows on steroids. JP is in good shape and I think it is important to have a good well rounded fitness routine with lots of cardio and all the muscle groups.
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

I like at the end like.. "Thank you for this John.. and.. good luck with Dream theater.... and happy thanksgiving... and I hope you'll be joining us soon again.. and..." XD
    JP6 Dargie Delight II Fully Loaded DOB Sep. 28th -09
    JP7 BFR Bahama Blue Burst with Rosewood Neck DOB Feb. 20th -14