Strap Blocks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD (Roasted/Black Sugar) + Family Pic

User Info Menu

NGD (Roasted/Black Sugar) + Family Pic

As promised, here are pics of the new JP BFR Black Sugar with Roasted Neck. I've tried a few shots to try to capture the "sugar", but it is difficult. Very awesome in person, but hard to pick up in the photo. The neck is great, but that should be no surprise to you guys ......Oh Yeah, a long overdue shot of 3 of the 4 EBMM's in the family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NGD (Roasted/Black Sugar) + Family Pic-img_0321-jpg  
    DCMMSU

EBMM Axis Super Sport Hardtail - Cherry Burst
    EBMM Axis Super Sport - Tobacco Burst
    EBMM HH AL - Candy Apple Red
    EBMM JP BFR - Black Sugar/Roasted Neck

Mesa Boogie Mark V - Head
    Mesa Boogie Roadster Combo
    Gear Quality much higher than ability!

User Info Menu

Congratulations. I love the BS. So, are the flecks silver, gold, or both? BTW, I'm in love with the HH AL.
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo

User Info Menu

Very Nice!
    Congrats again.
    Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

User Info Menu

DCMMSU, congrats!!!! Looks great man, do you like the way it plays?

Cool, Candy Red AL HH by the way.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Man, I've looked at this so many ways, I think my mind is playing tricks on me. The sparkle is very subtle/fine...so much that it is hard to tell for sure....I'm going with gold!
    DCMMSU

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    DCMMSU, congrats!!!! Looks great man, do you like the way it plays?

Cool, Candy Red AL HH by the way.

Glenn |B)
    The rosewood AL is really fun to play, I think the color was a 1-off for the Dallas Guitar Show earlier this year. I've been playing the new JP most of the night and really like how it plays. I'm not totally used to the neck radius of the JP, but I don't see that as being an issue at all. I've never had a piezo system before and I can't stop playing on that setting.
    DCMMSU

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DCMMSU View Post
    The rosewood AL is really fun to play, I think the color was a 1-off for the Dallas Guitar Show earlier this year. I've been playing the new JP most of the night and really like how it plays. I'm not totally used to the neck radius of the JP, but I don't see that as being an issue at all. I've never had a piezo system before and I can't stop playing on that setting.
    Cool, the AL HH is like the new hit for EBMM. I had a JP I like it, but I preffered other models over it. I didn't hate the neck radius, but it wasn't my favorite either.

Yah the piezo is a really cool thing. Do you have a copy of JP and Jordan Rudess's CD "An Evening with"?? It's great and he uses the piezo a ton on thsi CD.

An Evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Sweet! Congrats on getting one of the firsts.

All 3 are a perfect collection.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the roasted/black sugar...seems like you're the first forum member owning one of these!
    Nice family shot...love that dark red AL of yours.
    c(_)
    Albert Lee BFR Pinkburst 07/16/09
    Albert Lee SSS Trans Gold 06/09/04
    Albert Lee Dargie Delight II 10/30/09
    Albert Lee MM90 White Pearl 08/10/08
    Steve Morse Y2D Purple Sunset 02/18/08
    25th Anniversary 04/01/09
    Axis Sport HSS Trans Gold 03/11/98

User Info Menu

Nice shots man. Congrats on the new axe!
    The world needs more Balls!
    1995 EVH - DOB 8/25/95 - Trans Red Hardtail
    1996 Albert Lee HHH - DOB 3/8/96 - Black
    1999 Axis - DOB 3/11/99 - Natural
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette - Rosewood w/Trem - DOB 9/21/06 - Caramel Burst
    2007 Silhouette w/Piezo - DOB 7/26/07 - Desert Gold
    2007 Albert Lee - DOB 10/25/07 - Vintage Sunburst
    2009 25th Anniversary - DOB 8/13/09 - BFR Rosewood Neck - SN 001 of 25
    2010 Silhouette Special SSS - DOB 1/26/10 - Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Those are cool! I especially like the candy red HH AL. The black sugar really seems to be more of a subtle pearl/sparkle effect..until you see it in bright light or up close. I rather like those kinds of finishes, because it adds more depth and complexity to it. Like my Carbon Blue Pearl Silo Special...that color in regular lighting conditions looks pretty plain, but if the sun hits it or stage lights the thing lights up like a Christmas tree haha.
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

Congrats as it is totally smoking, as is the CA AL. What is up with you guys from Texas always getting what seems like first crack at all the new gear.lol

User Info Menu

Hey DCMMSU, congrats on scoring that from ND GC, man Robbie sent me pics on Monday and gone before I could even think about getting there

And that is a nice set of EBMM, yea we do need to meet up and at least do an admire fest

Congrats again and nice amps as well!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeemug View Post
    Congrats on the roasted/black sugar...seems like you're the first forum member owning one of these!
    Nice family shot...love that dark red AL of yours.
    First I have seen, except for the MD And Patrick that is a Candy Red HH AL, made for the Dallas Guitar show last April, I met DCMMSU at the show and was there when he bought it, very cool dude

Quote Originally Posted by straycat113 View Post
    Congrats as it is totally smoking, as is the CA AL. What is up with you guys from Texas always getting what seems like first crack at all the new gear.lol
    Well everything is bigger and better in Texas

User Info Menu

really really nice!!!
    i love the color of your axis ss!!!
    2014 LAG Arkane 1000 master
    2018 SBMM jp160 black metallic
    2018 SBMM JP60 mystic dream
    2016 EBMM JP6 Sapphire black