Everlast
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad News... re: Michael Greene

User Info Menu

Sad News... re: Michael Greene

It is with sadness that I pass along the news that Michael Greene, (mbgreene) passed away today after a tough battle with cancer.

I work with his sister and she emailed me today letting me know and asked if I would share it with the forum, she knew he was active here and always kidded me about the two of us going to "band camp" on our trips for the knucklehead parties. For those of us fortunate enough to get to know him we'll always remember his wit and humor. He will be missed...

In her email she shared the following:
    "You’ll be glad to know that we will have one of his Ernie Ball guitars with him during the wake. Who knows maybe he’ll get in a little jam session after we go home at night…"

The family also asked if anyone was interested that in lieu of flowers a donation may be made to the Ocular Melanoma Foundation OMF | Ocular Melanoma Foundation - Support OMF

Funeral arrangements have not been finalized, but I will post any information I receive. Most likely there will be a wake and service within the next few days.

fred
    Play Ball!!

User Info Menu

wow...

I had no idea....

Rest in peace brother...
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst
    2017 - St. Vincent - Stealth Black

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

User Info Menu

I'm so sad to hear this ... this is horrible, horrible news. I hope he passed peacefully.

Fred- thanks for letting us all know, and for passing on the donation info.

RIP Michael.

User Info Menu

DAMN this news sucks!!! I'm just beside myself hearing this.
    Right before Christmas too.
    I've been wondering how he was doing but didn't want to bother him with any emails.
    He was one of our senior members here and will really be missed.

Thanks for the info Fred.

Good vibes sent to his friends and family.

User Info Menu

This is very sad news. He helped give me some advise on a personal issue and followed up with me several months later to see how I was doing. I remember thinking that he was such anice guy to take time amongst his own problems to reach out to me. God bless you, Michael.
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo (For Sale PM if Interested)

User Info Menu

My condolences to his family and friends. RIP.
    Last edited by kneeoh; 12-20-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    James

JP6 (Black Sparkle)
    JP6 (Mystic Dream)
    JP7 (Blue Dawn)
    Steve Morse (dark Blueburst)
    Silo Spec. (Pearl Purple)
    BFR JP6 (Bahama Blue Burst)
    Albert Lee (Carbon Blue Pearl)
    25th Anniversary (Venetian Redburst)
    Axis (Lavender Pearl)
    BFR JP6 (Dargie Delight 2)
    Y2D (D-Purpleburst)
    JPX (Black Sugar)
    HH AL (Eldorado Gold)
    JPXI (Onyx)
    Dark Lord Morse
    LIII (Olive Gold)

Proud member of the ALOC and SMOC

User Info Menu

Fred, as terrible as that news is, thanks for the call and the update. Nick and I were wondering how he was doing.

My family and I extend our condolences to our friend's family during this difficult time.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

I really feel for Michael's family right now, he did things tough for a long time. Sad news and my thoughts are with them.
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

User Info Menu

What a loss to our Knucklehead family here....my thoughts are with his friends and family.

Rest In Peace Michael.
    "Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"

Lefty Axis Super Sport---Natural Quilt
    Lefty Axis Super Sport---Cabernet Pearl / Hard Tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mark View Post
    I'm confused. Someone makes a sports car named Steamer? Are they based in Cleveland?

User Info Menu

Oh no. This is terrible news! It really feels like a family member is gone. He seemed like a really genuine individual. My condolences to anyone directly affected...

Mr. Greene, you will be missed.
    2003 Petrucci 7 - White
    2005 Petrucci 7 - Radiance Red
    2006 Petrucci 6 - Desert Gold
    2007 Petrucci 7 - Dargie Delight
    2014 JP13 6 - Cardinal Red Sparkle

User Info Menu

Very sad indeed. RIP you fellow AL MM90 lover!
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

I had a little inside information. Michael was a very smart,funny, kind and private man with a lot of pride. His situation was a challenge for him for quite awhile...When he would drop in here during the last years I knew that it was really hard for him but deep inside I felt that it made him happy to be able to be cic of the aloc and really an extended family.

To Michael's Family I am truly sorry for your loss. We will miss him greatly and will not fill his seat.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Michael was a really good dude.

i knew a bit about him being ill and I can only hope he's at peace now.

My most sincere condolences to his friends and family.

-Arin

User Info Menu

Fred again thanx for the call. Michael and I would talk from time to time. I felt for his situation and would send him PM's to see how he was doing. Our last PM was just over a month ago.

First time I met Michael was at the Open House in 2005, seems like yesterday. He was a quiet humble guy, but had a sense of humor. We related well.

When I located the Gremlin Green AL that he had, he always want a sparkle finish and to score a Gremlin Green one was unheard of, it was NOS, and told him I wasn't interested in it, he was all over like a kid in a candy store. He was thankful and appreciative. I told him, go for man, it's all your. He loved that guitar.

Last time I talked to him was just over a month ago he had told me that he had relapsed, but ask me to keep it to myself. As always I kept his wishes. It's always sad to see a friend go, he was a great guy and will be sorely missed.

My condolences go out to his family. Truly a sad day.

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 12-20-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

This has been a hard, hard month for so many people I know.

I'm so truly sorry to hear he lost the fight.