Brad Paisley Plays Regular Slinkys
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer? Just ask Drewbixcubed and the Music Man team!

Have a question about The Game Changer? Just ask Drewbixcubed and the Music Man team!

Feel free to ask us any questions you have regarding The Game Changer, and we will do the best we can to answer them! All we ask is that you stick to asking questions, and THOUROUGHLY read through:

-THIS THREAD
    -TGC BASS THREAD
    -The Game Changer website

to make sure your question hasn't already been answered! Also, please trust in us (the source) to give you an accurate answer, and not third party informants.

Let The Game Changing BEGIN!!!!!
    Last edited by drewbixcubed; 01-18-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

I see there are 2 output jacks on the guitar, even on the guitars without piezo. What are each of these jacks for?
    BFR JP7 - Amethyst Burst - 5/29/08
    JP7 - Stealth - 3/22/10
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP - 4/9/12

Can you explain how you guys come up with 8 million combinations? Do it take into account that there are 10 volume and tone settings az well?

Quote Originally Posted by bkrumme View Post
    I see there are 2 output jacks on the guitar, even on the guitars without piezo. What are each of these jacks for?
    Please review the control function diagrams found on The Game Changer specs page for information regarding the jacks.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

Ok thanks Drew, I'll start

Can we download the software just to understand what sort of wiring is feasible even if we don't have a game changer yet?

is the iPhone app available?

is the gamechanger in HSH config will come with pup cover or not ?
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

I was going to ask the same question 3minuteboy
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs; Red EVH Hardtail 1993;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;Fender BJ 15W;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

Are there concrete plans to implement the gamechanger system on all EBMM models? If so, what is the timeframe for this? Will it be a build-to-order option?
    JP Dargie Delight Too G39071 born 9.25.09
    JP10 G49552 born on youtube? 3.24.10

My dream EBMM: a Dargie JPX with unfinished RW neck, oversized martini inlays, and Gamechanger

I see on the app screenshots that there is a button with a musical note. Does that provide a "preview" of the pickup combination?

Also, is an internet connection required for running the app or just to connect to the bank database.

Thanks and congratulations!
    2007 20th Anniversary Silo (Pics) (20thSOC)

Quote Originally Posted by dwntwn View Post
    Can you explain how you guys come up with 8 million combinations? Do it take into account that there are 10 volume and tone settings az well?
    There are no volume or tone settings are available. The Game Changer is all about pickup wiring, not volume/tone control/preamp settings.

The math is quite complex, and I prefer not to prove it. However, noting that you can wire coils in combination of up to six coils in any order, in series or parallel, in or out of phase, the potential combinations increase dramatically with every coil added to the circuit. 4 coils results in about 9,000 presets; 5 coils results in about 250,000 presets; and 6 coils results in about 8.5 million presets.

Just as an example, note how many combos there are with just these 3 coils (and there are more; underlined coils are "out of phase"):
    (1s2)p3
    (1s2)p3
    (1s2)p3
    (1s2)p3
    (1s2)p3
    (1s2)p3
    (1s2)p3
    1s(2p3)....
    (2s1)p3....
    2s(1p3)....
    (1s3)p2....
    etc....

Quote Originally Posted by threeminutesboy View Post
    Ok thanks Drew, I'll start

Can we download the software just to understand what sort of wiring is feasible even if we don't have a game changer yet?

is the iPhone app available?

is the gamechanger in HSH config will come with pup cover or not ?
    The software is still in beta form, and will not be released until further notice. There will be instructional videos and click through showing basic functionality in the near future

There is no iPhone app available at this time

All options of The Game Changer are shown/described as sold on The Game Changer website

Quote Originally Posted by the24thfret View Post
    Are there concrete plans to implement the gamechanger system on all EBMM models? If so, what is the timeframe for this? Will it be a build-to-order option?
    The Game Changer is only offered on the Reflex HH Bass, and the HH, HHP, HSH, and HSHP Guitar at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrarock View Post
    I see on the app screenshots that there is a button with a musical note. Does that provide a "preview" of the pickup combination?

Also, is an internet connection required for running the app or just to connect to the bank database.

Thanks and congratulations!
    Thank you for the congrats!

There is on the fly auditioning on the web app. At this time, web access is required. However, there have been discussions for lite offline capabilities.

Is it possible to swap out the pickups with any off-the-shelf pickups? If so, how difficult would the process be compared to a typical guitar?

(Wohoo! My first post! I think it tells you how excited I am of this guitar!)

When will it start shipping, will it ship worldwide and when will the website be fully unlocked and we get all the finishes available?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    Thank you for the congrats!

There is on the fly auditioning on the web app. At this time, web access is required. However, there have been discussions for lite offline capabilities.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

One more thing that I haven't seen answered anywhere directly. I'm assuming that the guitar will work without batteries in it (or when they run out). In this case, does the guitar go to the default wiring? Do both bank A and B work?

This thread is a cool idea. I bet it could eventually become a FAQ in the GC website.

Edit: Don't mean to abuse, but I thought of something else that was mentioned before: is the silent circuit integrated in the GC for configurations that are not noise canceling?
    Last edited by mantrarock; 01-18-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    2007 20th Anniversary Silo (Pics) (20thSOC)