VPJR Tuner Launch
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Tuning Question!!!! please!!!!!!

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Unhappy Tuning Question!!!! please!!!!!!

    hey guys, first of all good night, and second i have a question, i put the bridge in parallel position right??? but, when i do a bend in any string my intonation moves a little down, why i need to do????? move the claws in the back?????? please, i need your help, and im very far from usa,

    PD: i want to learn to calibrate my guitar by myself please i need a guide

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    What kind of guitar are you playing? If it's a floating bridge guitar like a Petrucci, you really can't do much about it except block the trem and tighten the trem spring claw.

    UNLESS....

    You adjust your playing to compensate. When I was playing floating Floyd guitars, I learned to slightly bend the other strings I was playing when I was bending the main bendy string. I got pretty good at it.

    If you're playing an Axis, or another kind of guitar where the trem rests on the body, just tighten the spring claw. Sometimes you may need to add a spring, or get a heavier spring.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    What kind of guitar are you playing? If it's a floating bridge guitar like a Petrucci, you really can't do much about it except block the trem and tighten the trem spring claw.

    UNLESS....

    You adjust your playing to compensate. When I was playing floating Floyd guitars, I learned to slightly bend the other strings I was playing when I was bending the main bendy string. I got pretty good at it.

    If you're playing an Axis, or another kind of guitar where the trem rests on the body, just tighten the spring claw. Sometimes you may need to add a spring, or get a heavier spring.
    well, my guitar is a jp6!! and that is the only razonable solution???

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    hola
    that is one of the problems with floating bridge like on the JP. if you play 12th fret on high E string and 15th fret on B string and bend the b string, you can bend the E string a tiny tiny bit so that it plays in tune. it takes some practice, but you will become good at it

    I'm sorry but unless you lock the floating bridge completely (i'm not sure how) you will have small problems like this, but its not the end of the world, good players like petrucci play around it

    buenasuerte

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    hola
    that is one of the problems with floating bridge like on the JP. if you play 12th fret on high E string and 15th fret on B string and bend the b string, you can bend the E string a tiny tiny bit so that it plays in tune. it takes some practice, but you will become good at it

    I'm sorry but unless you lock the floating bridge completely (i'm not sure how) you will have small problems like this, but its not the end of the world, good players like petrucci play around it

    buenasuerte
    gracias amigo, saludos!!!

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Hey Estebitan, check out this link:

    The Last Word in Tremolo Stabilization

    While you're there, take a look at the ESP Arming Adjuster too. This guy does a great job of running through the pros and cons of all the different trem stabilizers. I would go with the ESP Arming Adjuster, but any of those solutions would probably be helpful to you though.

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    Hey Estebitan, check out this link:

    The Last Word in Tremolo Stabilization

    While you're there, take a look at the ESP Arming Adjuster too. This guy does a great job of running through the pros and cons of all the different trem stabilizers. I would go with the ESP Arming Adjuster, but any of those solutions would probably be helpful to you though.
    That's a great site!!!!

    Does anyone have a picture of a JP6 trem cavity, I'm at work and i can't look at mine, I want to make sure it will fit ok with the spring arrangement. If so, I think I will pull the trigger on 1.

    Thanks for sharing this
    Matt
    -EBMM JP6 BFR Black Burst
    -EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream loaded

    -Furman Power Conditioner
    -AXE-FX-Ultra
    -ART SLA-2
    -Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

    -Mesa Boogie 2x12 Vertical Recto Cab
    www.lavacable.com

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    thanks for posting that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums