Straps 2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Love for the AL SSS

User Info Menu

New Love for the AL SSS

I haven't picked it up in about 3 weeks because I have been playing my Axes. I decided to pull it out today after watching some King's X videos and realizing that Ty was using that Strat Elite on the first 4 records. Man, was I pleasantly surprised! All the heaviness with the addes single coil magic. It's funny how quickly we get attached to a guitar and then forget how the others sound. I've always loved Strats but the hum just absolutely kills me. The Ernie Ball silent system is the best thing since sliced bread.
    All gone until I know I have a job again

User Info Menu

Glad to hear it! It is a KILLING MACHINE. Beware of the mighty SSS AL.
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

Played mine in services today. I tend to match the guitar to the sounds I need every week. Last week, Axis, this week Al, next week probably Axis (or maybe the Sublhouette).
    7/29/04 EBMM Sub1 X11376 oil/wax neck, gloss black body, faux binding, HSS w/5 way and silent circuit
    keep in mind that you are talking about four pieces of wood two pots one switch a trem along with springs two pickups and some wire.....BP

User Info Menu

The Al SSS is a killer guitar - it does it all for me.Been playing close on 40 years and bleeb me - it's all I want !!
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

i really miss my SSS AL but my MM90 versions keeping me quite happy

User Info Menu

I'm confused by this thread especially after seeing you are selling it

if it's 'marketing' in order to sell it faster it is nicely done
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

its magical. timeless classic.
    05' LE Albert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by threeminutesboy View Post
    I'm confused by this thread especially after seeing you are selling it

if it's 'marketing' in order to sell it faster it is nicely done
    LOL true on that, quite confusing, this coming from the former CFB

User Info Menu

Lol. Believe me, I'm not trying to shill for myself. As I said, I have pretty severe OCD and after playing it the other day, I immediately went to eBay looking for another one. Makes no sense, by I have major impulse issues. I figured I would be better off making my house payment instead of buying another guitar (I bought 5 EBMM's this month already!). I'm an impulsive collector and if I buy something I like, I want every version of it, so an MM90 and HH AL, even though I already have them as Axes already. The only way to relieve my anxiety is to divest myself from it, which in this case means, stick with my Axes and get rid of the AL before I have 9 guitars. Sorry for the confusion.

User Info Menu

Trust me, the MM90 AL sounds NOTHING like the Super Sport MM90 axe. Different beat altogether.

Cannot beat a MM90 AL, ever, not in a million years.

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

I'm sure it sounds great, but it's become a matter of money now. Even I think $6000 in less than a month is a bit much.

User Info Menu

It's fine by me, cause it may be coming my way!
    Most People Turn and Laugh When I Tell Them I Only Have 1/32" to Play With

User Info Menu

i would like to invest in one after my silo arrives.. gahhhh!
    JP15 in Sahara Burst DOB 10/May/2016
    JPXI in Onyx Black DOB 30/October/2013
    JP7 2007LE in Blue Dawn DOB 03/July/2007
    JP6 in Lava Pearl DOB 06/October/2009
    Silhouette in Blue Pearl DOB 05/April/2011
    JP7 in Red Pearl Burst DOB 12/August/2003
    BFR JP6 in Trans Black DOB 05/May/2011

www.youtube.com/dhalif

User Info Menu

Hee Hee .
    Rob likes the MM90 - I looooooooove the SSS.

Thats the beauty of the AL - get one of each (sss/mm90/HH/hh with gamechanger ????)
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Oh I LOVE the SSS too, for sure! Spud, the MM90 AL sounds different with a maple board too, way spankier. Sometimes I prefer the rosewood board, sometimes rosewood.