2020 StingRay Special colors

Thread: Bruce Arnold playing a JPX

User Info Menu

Bruce Arnold playing a JPX

So I was just googling for twelve-tone rock music when I found this guy, you'll be specially interested in the videos Multiplicity and Twelve-tone Boogie, where he's playing a JPX. Enjoy!

Video - Bruce Arnold – Guitar
    Rafael

Silhouette Hardtail Black, Tortoise Pickguard, Rosewood Fretboard, Matching headstock, S.N. G28918 born 7/11/05

User Info Menu

I just stumbled upon him the other day as well. Initial photo I saw was with him and a 25th Anniversary guitar.
    AL MM90's - Gold, RW Neck
    AL HH - Mint Green
    Silhouette Special - White Sparkle
    JP12- 7 Cherry Sugar
    Steve Morse Y2D - Purple Sunset!
    25th AnnY
    Luke III -Bodhi Blue
    Majesty 6 Arctic Dream

User Info Menu

Great to see that! I'm a big fan of Bruce's books and courses and my musicianship has significantly improved as a result of his instruction. His ear training CDs were constantly in my car's CD changer during my long (1.5 hour each way) commute to and from work about a decade ago. That improved my improvisational skills immensely.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

Great vids. Bruce is great, I love his outside blues stuff using 12-tone row. I have to buy his book on 12-tone row. Seeing that JPX doing fusion is a refreshing change, great musician.

User Info Menu

Very cool, but that chromatic stuff does nothing for me.
    JP Dargie Delight Too G39071 born 9.25.09
    JP10 G49552 born on youtube? 3.24.10

My dream EBMM: a Dargie JPX with unfinished RW neck, oversized martini inlays, and Gamechanger

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by the24thfret View Post
    Very cool, but that chromatic stuff does nothing for me.
    Here we go...

j/k

Though strictly speaking this is not chromatic, it's twelve-tone. I'm not particularly fond of it either, though I recognise it's usefulness and was just wondering what rock musicians where doing with XX century advances in music, IF they were doing anything.
    Rafael

Silhouette Hardtail Black, Tortoise Pickguard, Rosewood Fretboard, Matching headstock, S.N. G28918 born 7/11/05

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRalf View Post
    Though strictly speaking this is not chromatic, it's twelve-tone. I'm not particularly fond of it either, though I recognise it's usefulness and was just wondering what rock musicians where doing with XX century advances in music, IF they were doing anything.
    Thanks again for posting this, man. I love this stuff, my fusion trio does a lot of different styles, Arnold's book on 12-tone row is amazing for my improvistaion and composition palette.
    This kind of stuff is an acquired taste, it's like jazz, it's not easily accessible to every listener.