BFR Feb 2020

Thread: New Luke?

User Info Menu

New Luke?

Have not had much time to read the forums lately so I'm a bit out of the loop. I did a quick search but did not get many hits. What's up with Luke's new guitars? Is there a Luke III hittin' soon? What's new and improved? Hard to imagine these guitars getting any better...

User Info Menu

"The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

hey JWFAN just lock them down onto the body they never go out of tune!!!
    Endorsed by Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars USA.
    Featured on the music man Artist page: http://www.music-man.com/artists/dean-wells.html
    Custom Reflex (emerald green sparkle burst/ebony roasted neck)
    25th Anniversary Ernie Ball quilt.
    Reflex/GameChanger Maple neck HSH
    BFR LUKE Emerald Burst Flame top
    LUKE pearl blue
    REFLEX- Maple Neck White/Black

Want list Steve Morse Y2D Blue
    Armada Black burst.

my band TERAMAZE
    www.teramaze.com.au
    My production page
    www.dwellsmusic.com

User Info Menu

Yep. Just do what Deano says above and you wont have any issues regardless of your playing style, tunings, hand position etc.
    The world needs more Balls!
    1995 EVH - DOB 8/25/95 - Trans Red Hardtail
    1996 Albert Lee HHH - DOB 3/8/96 - Black
    1999 Axis - DOB 3/11/99 - Natural
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette - Rosewood w/Trem - DOB 9/21/06 - Caramel Burst
    2007 Silhouette w/Piezo - DOB 7/26/07 - Desert Gold
    2007 Albert Lee - DOB 10/25/07 - Vintage Sunburst
    2009 25th Anniversary - DOB 8/13/09 - BFR Rosewood Neck - SN 001 of 25
    2010 Silhouette Special SSS - DOB 1/26/10 - Olive Gold

User Info Menu

I agree with Dean as well. Having a trem equiped guitar should not throw you off, since you can easily lock it down with 5 springs and tighten the trem claw. There is no way that will go out of tune...when I had my trem equiped Silo Special and LUKE in the past those things barely went out of tune even when I had them floating .
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

Squege, there's not much known about the Luke III that you haven't found by searching on here. We've seen some prototype pics. I think there will be a reverse headstock. Likely a HH configuration (or at least a HH option). Luke has been spending some time at the design cave in San Luis Obispo working on the details.
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette - Rosewood w/Trem - DOB 9/21/06 - Caramel Burst

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JWFan88 View Post
    I for one would LOVE a hardtail Luke model. I love the feel and sound of a Luke but cannot deal with the trem as I don't use them nor can I ever keep them in tune because of my playing style and hand placement.
    Set the trem to dive only, and remove the bar. I have set my Luke tremolo to dive only, and love it. No matter how hard I press with the palm of my hand on the bridge, it stays in tune. You can easily add one or more springs and almost feel like it's a hardtail Luke :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squege View Post
    Have not had much time to read the forums lately so I'm a bit out of the loop. I did a quick search but did not get many hits. What's up with Luke's new guitars? Is there a Luke III hittin' soon? What's new and improved? Hard to imagine these guitars getting any better...
    Other than the thread posted by agt, there's really nothing to report yet. Big Poppa indicated that it would have a reverse headstock and, I believe, a rosewood neck. Other than that, it has yet to be finalized. There are prototypes that have s/s/h and h/h pup configurations. BP also hinted that there was something with the electronics that we have not seen before. He's such a tease.

I believe someone else here said that Luke posted on his facebook page that he was planning to take some prototypes on the road this summer. I doubt we'll hear anything more about how it may turn out until after Luke gets to play them live this summer and decides what he likes and/or wants to tweak.
    Starry Night LIII HH
    DuBaldo Blue LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitfiddle View Post
    Squege, there's not much known about the Luke III that you haven't found by searching on here. We've seen some prototype pics. I think there will be a reverse headstock. Likely a HH configuration (or at least a HH option). Luke has been spending some time at the design cave in San Luis Obispo working on the details.
    Thanks man! Haven't had much luck with searching the forum, anybody have a quick link to whatever has been posted?
    Thanks, JC.

User Info Menu

Last edited by guitfiddle; 06-01-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added color to link

User Info Menu

Hmmmn. Can't seem to add another link by editing previous post. Here's another one:

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/46698-luke-iii-namn-2011-a.html