The Vault

Thread: Remember the Trem Claw Screws? (Satisfied EBMM Customer Content :D)

User Info Menu

Remember the Trem Claw Screws? (Satisfied EBMM Customer Content :D)

Here's the whole story for anyone who missed my previous thread:

So as some may know I got me a used JPX not long ago. When I got it I went to do a bit of adjusting and setting up and unfortunately one of the screws from the trem claw had had the head stripped out completely, meaning I'd have to drill it out and wouldn't be able to get it back in or adjust it. I think about it for a few days but decide the best thing to do is get in touch with EBMM and ask where I can buy the exact screws (call me fussy) they use, and how much. Within literally minutes I get an EMail back from a member of EBMM's Customer Service team in the USA saying he'll check and see if the UK Distributor have stock first. A couple of hours later he says he won't be able to respond again for three days because he was away for 3 days - fair enough.

Well three days later he gets back to me, unfortunately Strings 'n Things don't have the screws, which I was sort of expecting. What surprised me is that despite me telling them I bought the guitar used, he was very apologetic and that afternoon sent me a new set of screws absolutely free of charge. He didn't even charge me postage!

It came today, and I have to say I'm really impressed and it really makes me feel like I made a good choice brandwise. I really like knowing that I'm buying a brand who care about their customers and aren't just trying to get you to buy their gear then never want to hear from you again.

I just wish my purchase would actually have benefitted them in some way, lol.

I know it's a small thing, but they could have told me to get lost or at least charged me $10 for the screws and postage etc... The fact the guitar's used and the suggestion of me paying for a new part never even came up just gets me.

Anyway, thought I'd share!

Ernie Ball Music Man JPX in Barolo
    Ernie Ball 6166 250k Volume Pedal
    EB2215 Skinny Top Heavy Bottom on my JPX
    EB2626 Not Even Slinky on my Fender USA 57 Reissue Strat

User Info Menu

Best CS in the business!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

i agree , ernie ball customer service is the best i ever dealt with.. amazing
    JP15 in Sahara Burst DOB 10/May/2016
    JPXI in Onyx Black DOB 30/October/2013
    JP7 2007LE in Blue Dawn DOB 03/July/2007
    JP6 in Lava Pearl DOB 06/October/2009
    Silhouette in Blue Pearl DOB 05/April/2011
    JP7 in Red Pearl Burst DOB 12/August/2003
    BFR JP6 in Trans Black DOB 05/May/2011

www.youtube.com/dhalif

User Info Menu

EBMM CS rocks!
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

I love EBMM customer service... they are incredibly amazing.

i had a similar experience with an amp maker... makes you want to support them for the long haul...

you'll have an opportunity to buy a ebmm again in the future to support them... we all do
    Enjoy the Journey - Enjoy the Process
    G27494 20th Anniversary Silhouette
    G53462 Silhouette Special
    SG31073 StingRay
    SG26540 LK100D
    SG23128 AX40D
    SG34621 VALENTINE
    SG36060 LUKE
    SG26016 AX40D
    SGXXXX AX30D

User Info Menu

I had a disappointment with them... asked for saddles replacements as mines were rusted out and couldn't adjust, and they said they'd contact me back. I never heard back though and this was months ago

User Info Menu

It's great to hear how good the EBCS is. However, I hope I'd never need to convince myself about it
    Cool that They send You screws. I'd be happy to get those stickers, especially the one with "Ball's are best" :]
    "It's taken all my life to learn what not to play"
    JP7 BFR (Trans Black) | Website: M-Workshop | Instagram

User Info Menu

Yeah, I said I'd stick the 'Balls are Best' stick to a friend's car, he was all up for it and didn't understand why I (childishly) found it so funny.
    Ernie Ball Music Man JPX in Barolo
    Ernie Ball 6166 250k Volume Pedal
    EB2215 Skinny Top Heavy Bottom on my JPX
    EB2626 Not Even Slinky on my Fender USA 57 Reissue Strat

User Info Menu

Wow, where did you get the stickers? I want them too!

User Info Menu

I've had the same positive experiences. You just don't seem to find people like that anymore. I work for a fortune 500 company that employs 40,000+ people. I was fortunate enough to meet our CEO who's hobby is guitar. He remembered during our 2nd meeting that I was a guitar enthusiast & asked for my advice on something. Incredibly humbling man to ask one of his hourly employees for advice,huh? He asked me what were the best strings for his guitar. Of course I replied, "Balls are Best". When he asked why I so highly recommended them, I explained that their(EBMM) corporate culture is much like ours.Customer service is paramount.I can't wait to sell my two G&L guitars that I've owned for nearly 20 years. Not only is EBMM's product line 2nd to none,so is their customer service.
    25th Anniversary,Venetian Red Quilt,Maple neck,G47369,
    Axis Supersport BFR,Tobacco Burst,Rosewood neck,G47057,
    Axis Tribute,Purple Quilt, Maple neck, G54353
    EVH Red Quilt Hard Tail,Maple neck,87269
    Semi-Hollow Super Sport, Neptune Blue,G72992
    Silo Special,Sky Blue,Hard Tail,G70886

User Info Menu

I have 2 stickers with Balls are best. ( I only have 2)
    One is the same as the photo shown the other is the "winged Logo" (oval sticker) with "Balls are best" .

First to pm me in Europe gets em. Mordimer was the first. Stickers will be in the post

Spud
    Last edited by Spudmurphy; 06-19-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

I had a guest today - it was a postman! Thank You Spud!
    "It's taken all my life to learn what not to play"
    JP7 BFR (Trans Black) | Website: M-Workshop | Instagram

User Info Menu

wow that was quick - glad you got them ok.
    Pleasure.
    Spud
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's