New Prodigy

Thread: Beginner trying to pick the right guitar (Sterling Silo 20)

User Info Menu

Question Beginner trying to pick the right guitar (Sterling Silo 20)

Hey everyone, I'm a fairly new guitarist (I've been playing on an acoustic since about January), but music is one of my biggest passions, and I dedicate many hours a day to playing my various instruments. I'm actually a drummer, and have been playing for a few years, but I also very much enjoy jamming on my acoustic guitar. I definitely enjoy my acoustic, but I have recently tried playing some electrics that my friends own, and I absolutely love the feeling and sound that comes from an electric axe.

My local music store just recently put out an ad about a sale that they're having on various instruments, and one that caught my eye was the Music Man Sterling Silo 20. It is about $150 or so off the normal price, so I was definitely enticed by the savings. I decided to do some research, and it seems like the general consensus is that it is a great guitar for it's price (especially now that it is on sale). So it seems to be a great decision, but because of my lack of experience with guitars, I really would like some feedback on the idea of getting this as my first electric guitar for about $300.

Thanks in advance for any help, and if you recommend another guitar, please tell me why.

User Info Menu

I think you're right. An excellent beginner guitar.
    JP Dargie Delight Too G39071 born 9.25.09
    JP10 G49552 born on youtube? 3.24.10

My dream EBMM: a Dargie JPX with unfinished RW neck, oversized martini inlays, and Gamechanger

User Info Menu

Lump,

Just wait till you play it - it's over!!!