Axis Capo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please stop Pmming me.

User Info Menu

Please stop Pmming me.

Before I start..do not ask me to turn off the feature. I have my reasons for keeping it.

I only ask a few things....and most of them are ignored.

1. Dont pm me. Yesterday I got several....One poster wanted to know why I wasnt here as much...he has only pmmed me four or five times. Another poster sent me a request to refinish his 1993 Albert Lee due to finish cracks. There are several each week. Can I please ask that none of you do it? Why is this so hard to grasp.....

2. Customer service postings before going to your dealer or customer service. Why? Because here is the truth...they are usually at least 80% user created. Then you ask a stranger to tell you how to fix it without knowing the qualifications of the person you are asking. No real guitar person would give a definitive diagnosis without first playing the guitar.

3. Dont make me a friend on facebook...If I wasnt already here I would have a fake FB page like most people of a tiny bit of stature...I dont Im here That should be enough (or too much!) I get about twenty requests a week from diehards...I only have family and a few friends on FB. I even didnt accept Jackie and I love him I wanted to make a point.

I am not on this board as much because of the above coupled with maybe being a little too familiar I was getting some pretty blunt and disrespectful comments. Im sorry for the negative post but I would appreciate it if you gave me just a little courtesy by respecting the few things that I ask for.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Done Deal!

thanks BP once again for all you do for us...
    Enjoy the Journey - Enjoy the Process
    G27494 20th Anniversary Silhouette
    G53462 Silhouette Special
    SG31073 StingRay
    SG26540 LK100D
    SG23128 AX40D
    SG34621 VALENTINE
    SG36060 LUKE
    SG26016 AX40D
    SGXXXX AX30D

User Info Menu

Why is it that some dudes write RESPECT as I-G-N-O-R-E? I just don't get it....neither in the real, nor in the virtual world
    Music Man SUB1 | Black (custom)
    Music Man Silo Special | Emerald Green (rosewood neck)
    Music Man Silo Special | Graphite Pearl
    Music Man Silo Special/Luke | Black (custom)
    Music Man Silo Special | Purple Metallic (custom)
    Music Man Axis Sport | Trans Red (custom)

...when EVH was asked by Johnny Carson, what it would be like, to be the greatest guitar player on earth, he replied: "I don't know...go, ask Steve Lukather!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Info Menu

Thanks BP for the participation that you already give us here. It's a pleasure! And for the signature on my MIAC silo, haha
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

User Info Menu

Just think of how special it is that we have the leader of the company that makes something we all enjoy everyday reading our postings, let alone commenting on them. We should be very grateful for this and make any and all accommodations he asks for.

User Info Menu

You don't have to turn off the PM feature entirely. You can first turn it off to the public and then "friend" moderators and others who you are willing to get pm's from. (I'm a moderator on a large Subaru board and many of the other moderators do this)

I send my questions to customer service.......which has worked out fantastic for me.
    7/29/04 EBMM Sub1 X11376 oil/wax neck, gloss black body, faux binding, HSS w/5 way and silent circuit
    keep in mind that you are talking about four pieces of wood two pots one switch a trem along with springs two pickups and some wire.....BP

User Info Menu

No jack dont give me a lesson on v bulletin (i mean this firmly and nicely) Why cant people just respect that wish?
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

I would never PM you BP. I respect your request.
    Could you post your cell phone number though!
    I have a few questions about a custom shop...

User Info Menu

I can't understand why people don't respect the rules.

I would never PM BP because I understand the reasons. And I'm soooo proud that the boss of "my" guitar company looks so intensive after us knuckleheads!!!
    My Balls:
    1995 Silo Special - Pearl Green
    1996 Silo Special - Pearl Green
    1996 Axis - Transl. Gold
    1997 Silo Special - Pearl Purple
    1997 Luke I - Luke Blue
    1997 Axis - Transl. Blue
    1999 Silo Special - Black Sparkle

User Info Menu

I accidentally sent a fb friend request without realizing. I didn't know that fb grabs our contacts from the email client and basically spams everyone. It did it to everyone in my address book including the Australian prime minister (she wasn't pm then) and I was totally unaware, until people started contacting me and telling me. How embarrassing
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

User Info Menu

Eventually he won't come on here and talk to us if people don't respect his wishes.
    I have to say all his hints on new guitars and stuff make it more fun to come on here everyday , first thing i check when i get home from work.
    Its just one simple request just don't PM him. not really an outlandish request. He could be asking you to play smoke on the water backwards only on a Luke guitar while standing on one foot with the guitar behind your back on a trampoline.
    but anyway stop PMing him before we lose him on this site.
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    2015 PDN Steve Morse Y2D
    Depurple burst y2d
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling AX40D
    and a bunch of guitars I don't really play anymore

User Info Menu

In my mind, it's a straight forward request with no gray area. BP, do I at least get a prize for 2728 posts and never having PM'ed you before?

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17). FS
    REVERB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I accidentally sent a fb friend request without realizing. I didn't know that fb grabs our contacts from the email client and basically spams everyone. It did it to everyone in my address book including the Australian prime minister (she wasn't pm then) and I was totally unaware, until people started contacting me and telling me. How embarrassing
    Wow your Facebook friends with the PM, what an honor. ;P
    Limited edition True Gold Luke On order - For a third time, thanks Colin
    Dargie Delight II Luke with matching headstock Once again, thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball BFR Luke (Bahama Blue) AWESOME - Thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball Luke 1 (that blue color)
    Rivera Knucklehead
    Rivera Bonehead

http://www.guitarplanet.com.au/ Australia's best Musicman dealer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slukather View Post
    Wow your Facebook friends with the PM, what an honor. ;P
    never got that far trust me....
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    No jack dont give me a lesson on v bulletin (i mean this firmly and nicely) Why cant people just respect that wish?
    I get that we should not pm you (I never have). On the board where I moderate, we have over 50k active members and I know from years of being there that I can ask for any reasonable things to happen......and there will still be lots of people who will ignore that. Heck....the site dumps new members right into their profile upon first sign up and asks them to fill in their profile. A good portion do not and immediately post some local issue in one of the worldwide sections. No, I can't tell them where the next car meet is near them because they haven't bothered to put in their profile where they are located.

I will continue to respect your wishes....no pms.....no facebook and go to cs for guitar issues.

And I do understand where you're coming from.....this is a small enough forum where members really should have figured the above line out by now.
    7/29/04 EBMM Sub1 X11376 oil/wax neck, gloss black body, faux binding, HSS w/5 way and silent circuit
    keep in mind that you are talking about four pieces of wood two pots one switch a trem along with springs two pickups and some wire.....BP