Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bigsby on an EBMM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wesman11483 View Post
    That looks so out of place to me. I'd have to do this to a beater guitar of some sort - just couldn't make myself do it to a Valentine, I don't think.
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Bigsby on an EBMM-4cbbb835-0681-4d84-a534-b6b7a4c92b1c-jpgBigsby on an EBMM-c7e99359-b22c-4ab3-b3a2-fa92f4762669-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    I'd have to do this to a beater guitar of some sort - just couldn't make myself do it to a Valentine, I don't think.
    So after some soul searching (and reading the recent “hardtail” thread) I need to stop trying to be a “one guitar guy” lol

Thinking maybe a Bigsby would flow nicely with the Frankenstein vibe of my Sterling project...
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport
    SBMM 2018 AX3

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    That looks so out of place to me. I'd have to do this to a beater guitar of some sort - just couldn't make myself do it to a Valentine, I don't think.
    And that’s the conclusion I always end up reaching. I’ll probably end up with a Bigsby on something someday but won’t butcher a great instrument to do it.

User Info Menu

It's gotta be fun getting the action right. There isn't much neck angle to work with on most EBMM guitars, so getting a bigsby to work is like putting one on a telecaster. you might need to replace the bridge as well, and possibly route a shallow cavity to put the Bigsby in to get the right break angle over the bridge.

Personally I think the newer "stetsbar" tremolo is better than the bigsby, and doesn't have all of those annoying tuning problems you get when the bigsby doesn't quite return to center.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck