VPJR Tuner Launch

Thread: Guitar Documentation?!?!

User Info Menu

Exclamation Guitar Documentation?!?!

2003 Pacific Blueburst Axis

We Roll Tonight.... To The Guitar Bite....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kramer.geetar View Post
    F that, big brother at its worst, we not only have our economy/society going down we are chasing ghosts with customs/FBI/F&G WTF

USA has too many other concerns to get caught up in this type of BS, so I own a forbidden guitar LMAO go chase real crooks
    Last edited by Sweat; 08-28-2011 at 04:02 AM.

User Info Menu

Selling my PRS with solid Brazilian Rosewood neck this summer was either the best move I've ever made or the worst.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    F that, big brother at its worst, we not only have our economy/society going down with the worst president ever now we are chasing ghosts with customs/FBI/F&G WTF

USA has too many other concerns to get caught up in this type of BS, so I own a forbidden guitar LMAO go chase real crooks
    Worst President? Ever? Thats kinda harsh. I'm going back to play my Music Man Guitar. I'll keep my eye out in the "For Sale Thread" when your done looking at yours

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    F that, big brother at its worst, we not only have our economy/society going down with the worst president ever now we are chasing ghosts with customs/FBI/F&G WTF

Worst president ever? Yea sure Bush was the best and did nothing wrong. Get real here dude. Obama isn't great either but come on.

User Info Menu

Ok stop it now...you guys know the rules the laws are just stupid punitive and unfair. Our industry is working on it...floydnyou need to back down. Enough of the shots at everyone....Keith please keep the politics out of here. Thanks
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

I don't want nor intended for this thread to turn political, left vs right. My reason for posting this is for people to be aware of whats going on right now in case someone is travelling somewhere but mostly in general just a heads up. Thanks
    2003 Pacific Blueburst Axis

We Roll Tonight.... To The Guitar Bite....

User Info Menu

Back to topic then ...

I'm curious: Do EBMM instruments come with any documentation that would allow me to pass U.S. customs without being in danger of losing, say, a full rosewood neck Bongo or anything sporting an ebony board?

Personally I think preserving nature and protecting rare beasts and trees is a good thing, but still, these laws seem to be overdone or at least enforced with too much zeal. Since I am planning a shopping trip to florida this actually worries me a fair bit.

Cheers
    SBMM Silhouette HSS
    You can tune a bass but you can't tuna fish.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Ok stop it now...you guys know the rules the laws are just stupid punitive and unfair. Our industry is working on it...floydnyou need to back down. Enough of the shots at everyone....Keith please keep the politics out of here. Thanks
    Sorry BP my bad,I know to keep that stuff wrapped.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    ...preserving nature and protecting rare beasts and trees is a good thing, but still, these laws seem to be overdone or at least enforced with too much zeal...
    Remember, it's not just about protecting species and environment, or stopping illegal logging. There are also consequences to human rights and working conditions and exploitation, human health and government corruption.

Personally, I'd say more zeal is required but also more thought about when to apply the laws and who to apply them too. If a company steps out of line in the materials sourcing and manufacturing we should slap them HARD. Individuals trading in illegal materials, equally HARD. But a guy with an old and loved guitar?

It's crazy and it makes a non-sense of a set of laws that are necessary but also really do need public support all over the world if governments and businesses anywhere are going to pay attention. Good laws if poorly applied can be just as useless as bad laws and leave a bad taste with many people that can hinder future solutions to important problems.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Back to topic then ...

I'm curious: Do EBMM instruments come with any documentation that would allow me to pass U.S. customs without being in danger of losing, say, a full rosewood neck Bongo or anything sporting an ebony board?
    That is a good question. How is it possible to prove it is indian rosewood rather than Madagascar or Brazil?
    I don't believe the custom officers are trained in wood identification and I've never seen any certificate from any guitar companies telling you the nature and source of the woods used.
    It could become a very wild process shall the US customs inforce that kind of laws on a "by the piece" basis!

Buy Canadian, our maples are legions.....for now.

User Info Menu

The safest way when traveling across a border is to have a Carnet Document. Carnets are “Merchandise Passports.” issued from the country of orgin. These still dont make it safe though. You could drive a Bently to a border crossing and the car could be seized.
    Because of the wood in the car. The laws are in place to protect the indigenous people and protected animals from abuse, displacement and poachers. The laws are extreme and one sided. Really guilty until proven innocent. Kind of like Texas law.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Remember, it's not just about protecting species and environment, or stopping illegal logging. There are also consequences to human rights and working conditions and exploitation, human health and government corruption.

Personally, I'd say more zeal is required but also more thought about when to apply the laws and who to apply them too. If a company steps out of line in the materials sourcing and manufacturing we should slap them HARD. Individuals trading in illegal materials, equally HARD. But a guy with an old and loved guitar?

It's crazy and it makes a non-sense of a set of laws that are necessary but also really do need public support all over the world if governments and businesses anywhere are going to pay attention. Good laws if poorly applied can be just as useless as bad laws and leave a bad taste with many people that can hinder future solutions to important problems.
    How dare you respond with such a reasonable, well worded thread... that I agree with 100%.

The Dr is in the house.
    Vintage Sunburst Silhouette Special, '06; 20th Anniversary Silhouette, '06; Honeyburst Sterling '00

I stepped upon the platform, the man gave me the news
    He said "You must be joking son, where did you get those shoes?"

Enter the Void:
    http://www.voidmusic2000.fourfour.com
    http://www.facebook.com/voidmusic2000