VPJR Tuner Launch

Thread: JP6 Pickups

User Info Menu

JP6 Pickups

I have the original JP6 made in 2009, but im confused on the pickups. Does it contain the john petrucci signature dimarzios? (crunch lab, liquifier) or the d-sonic and some other pickup

User Info Menu

Well, you probably came to the right place. I personally can't remember when the move to the Crunch Lab and LiquiFire came about. I think that was somewhere around 2009. I got a Dargie Delight 2 BFR JP6 around that time and it came with Crunch Lab and Liquifier pickups.

Prior to 2009, and I'm not exactly sure when the switch was made, there was a custom wound DiMarzio in the neck (similar to Air Norton) and basically a D-Sonic in the bridge in the JP guitars. That was a switch that occurred around 2005. Prior to that in the EBMM JP6 the original configuration featured a neck pickup similar to Air Norton and a bridge pickup similar to a Steve's Special.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String