Strap on your style
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My home made guitar based on the Ernie Ball MusicMan JPX-6 - By Alex Taylor, 17

User Info Menu

Very impressive work... And playing. Thanks for sharing!
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Amazing job. I wish I had your skill. Love the colour btw.
    Musicman Luke Dargie Delight 1 (Fing's ex moved to UK)
    Musicman Luke Dargie Delight 2
    Musicman Luke Piezo Luke Blue signed twice by SL
    Musicman Luke PDN True Gold BFR
    Musicman Reissue Luke 1 Pearl Red

BP - "Maybe we can have luke hand deliver them....Maybe I will make every third one with kryptonite fretboards..."

DDGO Dargie Delight Guitar Owners
    SLOC Steve Lukather Owners Club
    L1RO Luke 1 Reissue Owners

User Info Menu

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten MORE attention. What an amazing story and guitar! You're a fantastic player man! I own the JPX and love that guitar but don't do it justice but, you sure could! Someone should seriously give this kid a JPX! I think he's earned it! BP What do you say?!

User Info Menu

Just watched video again. Seriously blown away with the acoustic sound it generates. It's gorgeous!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohdamnitsdevin View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't gotten MORE attention. What an amazing story and guitar! You're a fantastic player man! I own the JPX and love that guitar but don't do it justice but, you sure could! Someone should seriously give this kid a JPX! I think he's earned it! BP What do you say?!
    Wow, thank you very much! I genuinely dream of owning a JPX but it's just too expensive. I'll be able to get one some day though (I hope). Obviously if anybody wanted to give me one I wouldn't refuse
    Really glad you like the guitar and the video though! It's great to hear what people think!

Alex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by malagutial View Post
    Wow, thank you very much! I genuinely dream of owning a JPX but it's just too expensive. I'll be able to get one some day though (I hope). Obviously if anybody wanted to give me one I wouldn't refuse
    Really glad you like the guitar and the video though! It's great to hear what people think!

Alex
    You'll have one someday. If I had the means I'd buy you one myself but unfortunately that is not the case. How long have you been playing? John Petrucci is also my favorite guitarist and idol. I have many more years of practice to be on his level. Just started playing about 1.5 years ago.

User Info Menu

Wow. Simply amazing. GREAT job!

Mike
    2016 PDN Starry Night Cutlass (Natural Headstock)
    2010 Barolo JPX (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2007 Bahama Blue Sparkle Back BFR Luke (GC Exclusive)
    2007 Blue Dawn LE JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2006 Dargie Delight I Luke (No Piezo, Natural Headstock)
    2005 Sapphire Black JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohdamnitsdevin View Post
    You'll have one someday. If I had the means I'd buy you one myself but unfortunately that is not the case. How long have you been playing? John Petrucci is also my favorite guitarist and idol. I have many more years of practice to be on his level. Just started playing about 1.5 years ago.
    I hope so, and that's very good of you haha! I've been playing about 5 years now, but I'm practicing for longer and longer every day. I don't think I'll ever reach JP's level, but that's OK because I suppose we all develop different strengths and weaknesses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeVt View Post
    Wow. Simply amazing. GREAT job!

Mike
    Thank you very much! Looking at your signatures makes me stupidly jealous haha...

Alex

User Info Menu

Way to go Alex! Seeing this makes me want to build my own guitar too, congrats to you!
    GUITARS

EBMM Majesty BFR (Cinnabar Red #060)
    EBMM Axis BFR (Steel Blue #044)
    EVH USA Wolfgang (Antique White) For Sale!
    Suhr Classic (Arctic White)
    Gibson SG Standard (Autumn Burst)
    Charvel DK24 HSS (Shell Pink)
    Ibanez AZ224F (Iceberg Gradiation)
    Fender 60's Tribute Strat(Two-Tone Burst)
    Fender Player's Strat HSS (Butter Cream)
    Taylor 314ce

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by malagutial View Post
    Thank you very much! Looking at your signatures makes me stupidly jealous haha...

Alex
    LOL! Ya know, back when I joined the forum, most people were listing their guitars in their sigs. Now it seems kinda insensitive. Maybe it's time for a change.

Again, great job on the guitar. I like what you did with the blade switch angle on yours. It's really the only thing I'm not crazy about on mine. Frankly, I really prefer the 3 position switch. Given the design of the JPXI, I'm guessing JP agrees.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeVt; 01-01-2012 at 08:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Very nice!
    Thanks to the moderators for allowing us the opportunity to enjoy this thread.
    Thanks to Alex for that highly inspirational and good-natured story.
    Those JP guitars are certainly something to emulate. Very special.

User Info Menu

Amazing job and great story! I felt so happy after I watched the video like it was my own project Congrats!

User Info Menu

You did an awesome job on your guitar and your playing is amazing. Very nice work.

User Info Menu

Epic, just epic. One hell of a first post alright. Great job, that guitar looks and sounds great!
    Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around
    Scott.

I buy my guitars from the man with the Biggest Balls in AUS!
    The man, the myth, the Legend... Colin http://www.guitarplanet.com.au