Strap on your style
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My home made guitar based on the Ernie Ball MusicMan JPX-6 - By Alex Taylor, 17

User Info Menu

great, great job man... love the color...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge ven View Post
    great, great job man... love the color...
    Thank you very much I couldn't find any exact match for the 'Barolo' colour of the JPX-6, and this was the closest I could get, but I do really like it. It's also VERY metallic but the camera doesn't do an amazing job of showing it.

Alex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo5150 View Post
    Epic, just epic. One hell of a first post alright. Great job, that guitar looks and sounds great!
    Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around
    Thank you very much! Not quite sure how I'll be able to better this one, but I've got some plans for this year so I'll give it a shot

Alex

User Info Menu

omg that's amazing!!! great sound!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Rizzo View Post
    omg that's amazing!!! great sound!!!
    Thank you very much!

User Info Menu

Nice job! Love the "Music Lad" idea.

I'm glad the mods let the thread stand.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

I am totally impressed! What a way to start your first guitar. I can remember back to my first build and it wasn't such a pleasant experience, but then again, I just jumped in head first and learn by mistakes. It seems going by your post that you put much thought into the entire process. You sir, are a true inspiration. Thank you. Great sound too btw on your Music-Lad.

User Info Menu

I just stumbled onto this. Amazing work. This is definitely something I could never pull off on my own.

How is it that everyone has failed to mention Brian May in this whole discussion? In the early '60s, Brian May wanted a Fender Strat, but his family could not afford one. He and his father built the ultra legendary Red Special using an old mantle piece and motorcycle parts. May ended up improving the design of the Strat to suit his own taste by using a chambered body, an extremely complex and diverse pickup switching system and a super short 24" neck scale.

50 years later, it is one of the most iconic guitars the world has ever known, and he still uses it today. In fact, to my knowledge, the only Queen song not recorded with the Red Special was "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," on which he used Roger Taylor's vintage Telecaster to capture the rockabilly twang.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Suarez View Post
    I just stumbled onto this. Amazing work. This is definitely something I could never pull off on my own.

How is it that everyone has failed to mention Brian May in this whole discussion? In the early '60s, Brian May wanted a Fender Strat, but his family could not afford one. He and his father built the ultra legendary Red Special using an old mantle piece and motorcycle parts. May ended up improving the design of the Strat to suit his own taste by using a chambered body, an extremely complex and diverse pickup switching system and a super short 24" neck scale.

50 years later, it is one of the most iconic guitars the world has ever known, and he still uses it today. In fact, to my knowledge, the only Queen song not recorded with the Red Special was "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," on which he used Roger Taylor's vintage Telecaster to capture the rockabilly twang.

Great historical recap. That kid did a great job on his "dream guitar".
    25th Anniversary,Venetian Red Quilt,Maple neck,G47369,
    Axis Supersport BFR,Tobacco Burst,Rosewood neck,G47057,
    Axis Tribute,Purple Quilt, Maple neck, G54353
    EVH Red Quilt Hard Tail,Maple neck,87269
    Semi-Hollow Super Sport, Neptune Blue,G72992
    EVH Purple Flame,Maple Neck,84096
    Silo Special,Sky Blue,Hard Tail,G70886

User Info Menu

Good job man, Im embarrassed to think of my abilities at 17...lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
    Great historical recap. That kid did a great job on his "dream guitar".
    Yeah. Like I said, I could never do that on my own.