New Slinkys March 2020
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A good amp for my Luke?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jutter View Post
    What tube amp do you recommend for my Luke?
    I'm playing a lot of clean, blues and hardrock. I preference an amp with a very good overdrive/distortion channel. On this moment I've got a Koch Twintone but I don't like the overdrive channel in combination with my Luke.
    I've got to spend around 1300,00 USD.
    I have a luke true gold , and i just received my bogner alchemist!!! it's a terrific amp!!! the clean are really nice (in a fender way) and the overdive channel is really warm with good gain!!! the amp has 2 channels (where you can choose different kind of gain) a boost , and some effects (delay and reverb). the amp comes with a footswhitch with four switches (channel, boost, delay and reverb) i 've bought it for only 560€ in europe!!!
    for the power amp, you can choose beetween 20wtts or 40wtts (for gigs)

for me, it's one of the best amp i had !!!
    2014 LAG Arkane 1000 master
    2018 SBMM jp160 black metallic
    2018 SBMM JP60 mystic dream
    2016 EBMM JP6 Sapphire black

User Info Menu

My favorite tones coming from my luke are provided by a Mesa Mark III simuclass and the Legacy I. The Carvin X100b looks promising as well.
    Sapphire Black Luke w/Piezo born on 4/12/2007
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Mystic Dream JP7 born on 5/10/2002

User Info Menu

You can't get it for 1300, but the Mojave Scorpion is my current holy grail amp for blues rock, classic rock vibes.
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

User Info Menu

Hi Jutter!

I used to have a Koch Twintone head, then I traded to buy a 1x12 combo.

I think the distorted sound it's horrible, muddy and too trebly, without mids (and electric guitar lives there!), but the clean channel is one of the best I've ever tried and it's great with pedals.
    You could try few good overdrive/distortion pedals to pair with your twintone, you save money and you can bring your own distortion sound anywhere you play, when you can't bring you own amp

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    Hi Jutter!

I used to have a Koch Twintone head, then I traded to buy a 1x12 combo.

I think the distorted sound it's horrible, muddy and too trebly, without mids (and electric guitar lives there!), but the clean channel is one of the best I've ever tried and it's great with pedals.
    You could try few good overdrive/distortion pedals to pair with your twintone, you save money and you can bring your own distortion sound anywhere you play, when you can't bring you own amp
    Thanks! First I got a Koch TwinTone combo and now I've got a Koch Twintone Head and 2x12cab. The clean channel is great! I use it with a Brunetti Mercury Box. The clean channel sounds great but with the Brunetti MB it's a little bit a hifi sound..... and I don't like it!
    I prefer an amp with a very good overdrive-channel;no pedals, just the overdrive of the amp.

User Info Menu

I prefer an amp with a very good overdrive-channel;no pedals, just the overdrive of the amp.
    Me too! But I don't have the money to buy the amp of my dreams!!

p.s.
    Brunetti is a good artisan Italian amp maker, but the best one is Masotti, I have 2 of his pedals and I tried the amps, they're among the best in the world!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    Me too! But I don't have the money to buy the amp of my dreams!!
    I've got to spend a 1300,00 euro. That must be enough for a good amp, isn't? I see on this EBMM forum that a lot players uses Mesa's. So I thought; let me ask them what a good (mesa) amp are in combination with my Luke.

User Info Menu

Very nice! But is it loud enough for gigs?
    Another vote for the Mini Rectifier here! And yes, it's loud enough, even on 10 watts mode with the Modern setting using a 4x12, I have no issues being heard in our rehearsal room (2 guitars, bass, drums & singer/PA) and we play around 104db (measured with my iPhone).

Since, I got it, I've been wasted. 12 pounds and comes with a nice carrying bag. Easy to lug around. 2 channels, FX loop. And it looks cute!

Here are some clips recorded at "what-everyone-calls-bedroom-volume":

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifer 80s style clip - YouTube

Mini Rectifier does Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca! :-) - YouTube

Feel free to ask any questions.
    Last edited by benoa; 02-21-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added links