Ready to Roar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piezo inputs problem.

User Info Menu

Piezo inputs problem.

Hello,
    So I had my JP6 for nearly 6 years now and must say Im happy with it but recently i started to have a problem with the bottom plug of piezo module. The problem is that it started to be noisy when the jack inside moves and as far as i can see its hard to replace the jack input is there anything i can do about it ?
    John Petrucci Music Man Pearl Redburst Fully Loaded
    Mesa/Boogie Mark IV <A Version>
    Mesa/Boogie 2X12
    T.C. Electronic 2290
    Dunlop CS DCR-2SR Rack Wah
    Dunlop Slash Wah
    MXR(EVH Flanger,EVH Phse90, Zakk Wylde Overdrive)
    VooDoo Labs Power Plus 2
    Boss stomp boxes
    Fractal Audio AXE FX Ultra (Arrived and gave new level to my MMJP6 love them both!!)

User Info Menu

First check it's not the cable. The tip of the jack can work loose on some cables and cause all sorts of problems that we think are the jack on the guitar.

If that checks out (try a few different cables in both jacks) then give String and Things a call (the UK distributors) or drop an email to EBMM customer service.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick answer mate. I have tried other jacks and the problem is still there so i think that I will drop a mail to customer service.

Cheers once again.
    Mesa/Boogie 2X12
    T.C. Electronic 2290
    Dunlop Slash Wah
    VooDoo Labs Power Plus 2
    Boss stomp boxes
    Fractal Audio AXE FX Ultra (Arrived and gave new level to my MMJP6 love them both!!)

User Info Menu

I need help here I have emailed strings and things but after they have replied to me willing to help i send the email asking how can I buy these inputs but haven't heard from them since then and today it happened again the input just F*&^d my Jack again! Angry at these inputs as they both started to be very noisy/ can hear cracks pops which are unacceptable and thats only after 6 year of light use ;( at any cable ive got at home. I dont even know if sending PM to US CS would help.... can anyone help me i just can't find a way out plus my music man is unusable now with tip of jack inside the stereo input. ;(
    Mesa/Boogie 2X12
    T.C. Electronic 2290
    Dunlop Slash Wah
    VooDoo Labs Power Plus 2
    Boss stomp boxes

User Info Menu

Personally, I would pick up the phone and call, rather than emailing. However, since you seem to be having trouble with them, I would try MM customer service directly.

No one here has seen your guitar, so we can't really say what the problem is. You need to talk to the experts.

User Info Menu

Subscribing, just to see what the resolution of this is. I've noticed that one input on my Luke's piezo unit is scratchy from time to time (though it hasn't bothered me yet); I've got a friend with a JP that's mentioned this as well.

User Info Menu

Today is probably their first day back after the Easter holidays - give em a call?
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

I can't find the phone number on their page do you possibly got it? I took the stereo output out today and must say it was hard to remove solder even with the special tool for it and now there is no signal too probably due to operation and missing jack.
    Mesa/Boogie 2X12
    T.C. Electronic 2290
    Dunlop Slash Wah
    VooDoo Labs Power Plus 2
    Boss stomp boxes

User Info Menu

It's on the site. Ernie Ball Music Man Company Contact Information

Music Man Customer Service: 866-823-2255

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sickindian View Post
    Hello,
    So I had my JP6 for nearly 6 years now and must say Im happy with it but recently i started to have a problem with the bottom plug of piezo module. The problem is that it started to be noisy when the jack inside moves and as far as i can see its hard to replace the jack input is there anything i can do about it ?
    One thing to try is to spray some contact cleaner (DeoxIt) on a plug and exercise the jack.

User Info Menu

Sickindian -- email me - Nathan@ernieball.com

We'll make sure your issue is resolved, ASAP.
    Staring contest. You. Me. Now.......

You win. You always do.

User Info Menu

In fairness to String and Things I think they mail the States with these types of problems and mail you back when they get an answer with some suggestions. I have found them extremely helpful although perhaps a little slow in replying.

Either way I hope you get it sorted soon.
    "Those who canīt dance always blame the band"
    http://www.gerrycooper.com/

User Info Menu

Thanks for everyone for the input! my music man is Aliveeee again but I must say it took some patience/time to get old input socket desoldered out of PCB and soldering it back causes smile on the face .

@GoKart Mozart
    Ive noticed that when I'm using my guitar with planet waves cable and their specialy designed plugs there is no problem but what I would suggest is this contact cleaner it definitely helps.

I will keep saying that Ernie Ball has got one of the best Customer Service in the World good Job guys!
    Mesa/Boogie 2X12
    T.C. Electronic 2290
    Dunlop Slash Wah
    VooDoo Labs Power Plus 2
    Boss stomp boxes

User Info Menu

Ok instead creating new thread I will just stick my next problem with the inputs here:
    The problem is with the bottom jack input that has less volume on it than the top "piezo" one. Did anyone had this kind of problem with his Petrucci piezo module?
    Last edited by sickindian; 01-22-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Mesa/Boogie 2X12
    T.C. Electronic 2290
    Dunlop Slash Wah
    VooDoo Labs Power Plus 2
    Boss stomp boxes

User Info Menu

Have you checked the actual input jack? I had somewhat of a similar problem and the culprit was a cracked jack. The jacks are plastic with the leads embedded in that. Eventually the jack guts broke apart and I had to replace and resolder the new jack (not fun). Hopefully your problem will be less than what mine was, but it doesnt hurt to unscrew and check the jack.