Axis Capo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB Petrucci Sig Question

User Info Menu

EB Petrucci Sig Question

I've been looking to get an EBMM Petrucci signature for a couple of years, and finally saved enough to buy one second hand online, and it arrived today, but I'm a little confused... The ad stated it was a piezo bridge model; as far as I can tell its not - theres only one jack output? It also said the colour was Mystic Dream. Now, I've never seen the colour in the flesh but I assume its a shimmery purple/green colour... I cant see any green in the guitar, but cant find any photos of a purple only model! The serial is G18311. The pictures did look a little different to the ones I've seen of Mystic Dream, but assumed it was just the camera, so any info or help would be greatly appreciated The original Ebay listing is here eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

The guitar is also missing the trem arm - are these easy to get hold of? Seriously thinking about sending it back and asking for a refund!

User Info Menu

Hi and welcome to the forum!

That colour does not look like mystic dream, which is a cool flip-flop paint that changes colour from purple to green depending on the angle. It's obvious if you have it. That looks like pearl redburst to me.

Only two knobs (volume and tone for the pickups) says it never had piezo installed. Piezo equipped guitars have a third knob for piezo volume. There are wiring/function diagrams that you can download from the following page...

John Petrucci

Can anyone tell us what the story is with the saddles? Were the same saddles installed on both piezo and non-piezo models?

BTW, beautiful neck on that guitar! The figuring on the maple is awesome! You can order a new trem arm from customer service (see link in my signature below) but I'll assume you are in the UK and tell you to first call Strings & Things, Music Man's UK distributor. They'll set you right!

As for a refund, the guitar in the photo is presumably what you received but the description is certainly not accurate. In fact, THIS is the guitar described in the add.
    Last edited by DrKev; 03-01-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

Aziah is offline Ernie Ball Customer Service Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Floydfandan View Post
    I've been looking to get an EBMM Petrucci signature for a couple of years, and finally saved enough to buy one second hand online, and it arrived today, but I'm a little confused... The ad stated it was a piezo bridge model; as far as I can tell its not - theres only one jack output? It also said the colour was Mystic Dream. Now, I've never seen the colour in the flesh but I assume its a shimmery purple/green colour... I cant see any green in the guitar, but cant find any photos of a purple only model! The serial is G18311. The pictures did look a little different to the ones I've seen of Mystic Dream, but assumed it was just the camera, so any info or help would be greatly appreciated The original Ebay listing is here eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

The guitar is also missing the trem arm - are these easy to get hold of? Seriously thinking about sending it back and asking for a refund!
    Dr Kev is spot on. From that serial number in our datbase, this one left the factory as a non-peizo equipped guitar with a Pearl Reburst finsih.
    It was finished here on 1/11/02. As for the trem arm, if you do decide to keep the guitar, you can contact our UK distributor Strings & Things for info on ordering one. Their contact info is on this page: International Dealers
    Aziah - Pronounced "Asia" like the continent. or "Aja" like the Steely Dan album

User Info Menu

The guitar is definitely not as advertised. I can't believe that the seller was that far off.

User Info Menu

I would ask for a refund. You did not get the guitar that was advertised.
    2005 Steve Morse - Color: Vintage Sunburst - SN: G26981 - DOB: 01/24/2005
    2010 Steve Morse with Floyd - Color: Morse Blueburst - SN: G51507 - DOB: 10/14/2010

Ernie Ball Music Man Endorsed Artist

OurAfter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LegGodt View Post
    I would ask for a refund. You did not get the guitar that was advertised.
    Agree.

However, you should really play the guitar and see if you like it or not. If you´re not happy with it, then ask for a refund, there´s no way to keep a jewel like this unhappy.

User Info Menu

Regardless that's a good price on a EBMM JP6. If all else fails you may be able to sell it for more than you bought it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohdamnitsdevin View Post
    Regardless that's a good price on a EBMM JP6. If all else fails you may be able to sell it for more than you bought it.
    Bad advice horrible price for a very used JP that old , thats also contains false advertisement! I would ask for a refund now, file an ebay complaint and try again, it is a non peizo pearl redburst common JP old and used, Devin remember it is in British Pounds not US Dollars, chit like this makes it hard for honest sellers like myself to sell nowdays.

User Info Menu

Keith, you may be right (I sumply don't know) but don't convert the pound price to dollar price when comparing. Even used guitars in Europe are very expensive compared to US prices. Let's let the UK guys chime in.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

From what I've seen from our friends across the pond, the cost of a used guitar in pounds is about equal to our cost of a used guitar in $$. That being said, you got that guitar for a very good price even as a non-piezo, non-mystic dream JP. This also does not have the JP shield, making it what looks to me like a very entry level JP guitar. I have not seen a JP in the state.....even an entry level used one that cheaply. But I'm not a JP player, so don't constantly look for them. Amazon shows a non-piezo in pearl blue for $1575, putting your guitar at just about half that.

No, you didn't get the guitar as described. But a Mystic dream piezo never would have sold for only 800 pounds. Maybe 1200 on a good day for the buyer.
    7/29/04 EBMM Sub1 X11376 oil/wax neck, gloss black body, faux binding, HSS w/5 way and silent circuit
    keep in mind that you are talking about four pieces of wood two pots one switch a trem along with springs two pickups and some wire.....BP

User Info Menu

Yeah, both DrKev and Jack are correct, the cost of guitars (or any item of gear for that matter) in Europe (in pounds) seems to be the same as the cost of guitars in the US (in dollars).
    I know the guitar you got wasn't what was advertised, but I think if you actually like it and don't really need the piezo, you should keep it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack FFR1846 View Post
    From what I've seen from our friends across the pond, the cost of a used guitar in pounds is about equal to our cost of a used guitar in $$. That being said, you got that guitar for a very good price even as a non-piezo, non-mystic dream JP. This also does not have the JP shield, making it what looks to me like a very entry level JP guitar. I have not seen a JP in the state.....even an entry level used one that cheaply. But I'm not a JP player, so don't constantly look for them. Amazon shows a non-piezo in pearl blue for $1575, putting your guitar at just about half that.

No, you didn't get the guitar as described. But a Mystic dream piezo never would have sold for only 800 pounds. Maybe 1200 on a good day for the buyer.
    Check E-Bay and use the "Completed Listing" option. I think you'll change your opinion. Jmho.

User Info Menu

Personally I would return it. If you like it and still want to keep it then negotiate a partial refund. The seller blatantly lied about the item.
    Y2D, Purple Sunset, hardtail (11/28/05)
    20th Anniversary Silhouette, trem (01/25/07)
    JP6 Blue Dawn LE, piezo (07/10/07)
    JP6 BFR Koa, Tobacco Burst (11/11/08)
    Cutlass RS, Vintage Turquoise, SSS (09/11/18)
    JP6 Mystic Dream, piezo (09/18/18)

User Info Menu

I too would return the guitar. If you were hoping for Mystic Dream, get that....there's truly nothing like it!! For me, that would be the main issue, besides the piezo.
    http://www.myspace.com/tuffenuff

MD JP7 born October 5th, 2007. S#=F19559 SOLD in April, 2011

Barolo JPX-6 Born 4-26-2010 S#=G46776 - Separate than the guitar that is currently for sale.

Egyptian Smoke Bongo 5HH born Septemer 25th, 2008. S#=22342 sold to cellkirk74 on December 14, 2009.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack FFR1846 View Post
    But a Mystic dream piezo never would have sold for only 800 pounds. Maybe 1200 on a good day for the buyer.
    I was bidding on one a couple of months ago (definitely was one - had good pics!) and it went for £1040...

To update:
    Seller sent a vaguely confusing reply to my email of concerns, which in a nutshell seems to say 'Its a great guitar; duh, the photos clearly arent the piezo model (Like I'd know the difference unless I'd seen them in the flesh, or was really clued up - I was going by what HE said!); its worth every penny you spent if not more and you should be happy with it' It sounds to me like he knew it wasnt the piezo/mystic version, but he still hasnt explained why he listed as such... In two minds as to whether to go through the hassle of returning/refund and finding one I 'really' want, or just keep it and see how it goes - it is a JP after all, and I have wanted one for ages... Could do with a really good setup but does feel quite nice