Majesty New Colors 2021
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NG(to me)D incoming - if one nice A.S.S. is good......

User Info Menu

NG(to me)D incoming - if one nice A.S.S. is good......

******Updated pictures on P2******

Two is better!!!! Wednesday can't get here soon enough. I'll update this post with better pics, etc. after it gets here and I give it the once over. Stoked!
    Last edited by edhalen; 03-26-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    25th Anniversary Flame w/Trem SN G47750 DOB 10/13/09
    SBMM SUB AX4 Gotoh Trem Axis Pups Red Quilt
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

WOW!!!! That is a STUNNER! Possibly one of the best flame tops ever!
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Congrats that's a great book match!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

That just has to be a keeper. If it sounds as good as it looks it's a killer !!
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

Congrats! I saw that one, too, and seriously thought about it for a minute!

I hope it's as good as it looks!
    --
    2007 Axis SuperSport LE Blue Dawn
    2017 BFR Steve Morse HH Tahitian Blue #69 of 69
    2018 BFR Axis SuperSport Trans Light Purple #10 of 27
    2019 Luke III Firemist Purple
    2020 Luke III H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Albert Lee H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Cutlass RS Ghostwood
    2021 Sabre Pacific Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Nice! Well done.

Where did you score that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick64 View Post
    Nice! Well done.

Where did you score that?
    Reverb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

That top sucks! Hope it plays as great as it looks!
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Congrats! Very similar to one I got a smokin' deal on some years ago... great guitar!
    That figuring is fabulous!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Nice! Congrats on that. I love that top

User Info Menu

I saw that one and took too long to decide on it. Was priced fair considering the huge uptick in Axis prices lately. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Update - bummed. 2 1/2" crack on the back of the guitar. The guitar was in the case with no additional padding to secure it (not sure what you all think about that - I don't think it's usually a problem). The case was packed securely in the box. Either A - these people saw this and decided to take their chances NOT disclosing it, B - honestly didn't look at the back of the guitar and never saw it, or C - this happened during shipment (not impossible I suppose). I've just reached out to the seller and included these pics. What would you do? The thing is in excellent condition other than this. Trouble is I don't know if it's just a finish crack (which I could live with) or if it goes into the wood. I hesitate to take off the back plate to investigate further for fear that could make it worse. I welcome your thoughts on this as I decide what to do.

User Info Menu

Since it leads back to the screw on the far left, it's probably a stress crack due to over-tightening the neck screw. The angle/lighting of the picture probably makes it look worse than it is. Finish cracks happen and it sucks finding them on a new-to-you guitar, but most important is how it sounds and plays.

If the seller didn't disclose it in the listing, you may want to ask for a few $$$ back, but it kind of goes with the territory of buying a used guitar. Reverb's condition rating leaves some flexibility for sellers to claim their guitars are in "very good" or "excellent" condition and still allow for things like this because it's fairly common and can happen during shipping (at no fault to the seller).

Still a very nice guitar regardless.

User Info Menu

Agreed, looks like over-tightening.

I'd probably ask for a small refund/price reduction. It's the back side of the guitar, after all, so less of an issue, but it depends how much that matters to you.

User Info Menu

Thanks very much guys. I appreciate the thoughts/wisdom and taking the time to respond. This thing plays GREAT and sounds INSANE just as my Pacific Blue Burst ASS does. At the end of the day it is a 15 year old guitar and I suppose I can chalk it up to the "mojo" of the guitar. Battle scars if you will . Other than that it has barely a mark on it. A bit of fret wear but man, this guitar SINGS!!! Off to polish the frets, wonder wipe the neck, restring with Slinky 10's and polish the body. They set it up at their shop and the intonation is perfect! Thanks again.

EDIT - I'll post some better pics soon.