Music Man April BFR
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Sterling by Music Man Owners!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Debass55 View Post
    Just picked up a J100d Koa and love this thing ! Great guitar and really love the Dimarzio
    p-ups ! I'll post some pics soon. Newbie here . Glad to be a part of the family !
    Welcome to the Family! Looking forward to the pics!
    Brian Martin
    Former VP, Praxis Musical, 2012 - Jan 2018
    Product Guru All Things SBMM
    Brian.Xavier.Martin@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Hi everyone, new member here

I recently bought an EBMM JP70D PWH (second-hand from a guitar player of my area) and I'm totally satisfied with the guitar....here I have a picture to share with you

The guitar looks and sounds amazing...great quality for the price.

Sterling by Music Man Owners!-jp70dpwh-jpg

User Info Menu

Congratulations and welcome to the family!!!
    EBMM Valentine HT Toluca Lake Blue G84356 DOB 4/3/18
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

I know.....zombie thread but I had to tell someone how happy and surprised I am by the open box Sterling Sub Silo 3 that I just picked up for $159 delivered from Music123. Got the black with maple fingerboard. Love the neck on this thing and how the overall size is so small.Seems like it would have a shorter scale length but somehow they just put together some awesome ergonomics. I have 35 electrics and wouldn't hesitate to recommend one of these to anyone. For that cost you can justify going mod crazy should you feel the need.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    Brian,

Are you guys also responsible for the new SUB series that has been re-released? If so, I just picked one up for my son today who is 9 and wants to start learning guitar. We got him a Sterling by Music Man Sub Silo 3 in white. Guitar Center is shipping it to me right now because they only had 1 black model in the store but my kid had said he liked the white ones best.

I also concur this is a great post for fellow Sterling by Music Man owners. Since the Sub series just came out, are they allowed to be included as well?
    So I made this post back in November of 2012. My son Zach still has his guitar and it has never had a single issue in the 5 years he has owned it. What’s funny is I am opening a music store in our town but will mainly sell online due to us living in a small town. I came on as an authorized Sterling by Music Man dealer. My first order was a JP 60 in mystic dream, new for this year, a JP 150 in neptune blue and a Ray 34 in koa, which is my personal favorite wood to have instruments built out of.

User Info Menu

Hi guys,
    I have the option to get some big brass blocks for the JP70 tremolo.
    They will be custom made here in Germany.
    I'll get two blocks for my JP70s, so there could be made 22 others from the barrel he has.

Is there anyone interested in?

Just let me know....price will be something around 30 Euros or even less.
    91 EVH Trans Black Quilt Top
    ?? Axis EX Trans Red Quilt Top
    05 JP6 Mystic Dream
    09 JP6 Dargie Delight II
    10 JP6 Pearl Redburst Limited
    07 JP6 BFR Ruby Red Burst
    05 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    06 SM-Y2D Tobacco Burst
    10 SM-Y2D BFR Black Sugar
    12 SM-Y2D PDN Honey Roasted
    14 SM-Y2D Rosewood Neck Solar Flare
    OLP MM-5 Silhouette Bassguitar
    OLP MM-1
    SBMM JP70 Stealth Black
    SBMM JP70D Pearl White ltd.

check out: www.reverbnation.com/morbidsky

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    So I made this post back in November of 2012. My son Zach still has his guitar and it has never had a single issue in the 5 years he has owned it. What’s funny is I am opening a music store in our town but will mainly sell online due to us living in a small town. I came on as an authorized Sterling by Music Man dealer. My first order was a JP 60 in mystic dream, new for this year, a JP 150 in neptune blue and a Ray 34 in koa, which is my personal favorite wood to have instruments built out of.
    Awesome!

User Info Menu

I am thinking about changing the pickups in my Valentine to Dimarzio 36th PAF's in Zebra

User Info Menu

anyone get their hands on a Sterling St. Vincent?

User Info Menu

Very nice, this is exatly what i want...
    Lucky man i'm french and the SBMM are hard to find
    SBMM ltd 2011 quilt red
    EBMM SUB 2006 blue
    SBMM silo20 gloss black
    Gibson Les Paul Studio 1992 wine red
    Fender japan Stratocaster ltd 54' 1984 2 tone sunburst

User Info Menu

I've got a few SBMM - I'll have to post a few photos later

I have the following models:
    LK100D - refinish in Dargie(ish) Green
    LK100 - Hazel Burst with added Transition Pickups
    Valentine - Buttermilk
    StingRay - Tobacco Sunburst
    AX40D - Ruby Red Burst
    AX40 - Trans Pink - DiMarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone Pickups
    AX30D - Cherry Burst
    Sub Ray 4 - Buttercream (refinish)
    Sub Ray 5 -

I have a few more but models are slipping my mind... LOl
    Enjoy the Journey - Enjoy the Process
    G27494 20th Anniversary Silhouette
    G53462 Silhouette Special
    SG31073 StingRay
    SG26540 LK100D
    SG23128 AX40D
    SG34621 VALENTINE
    SG36060 LUKE
    SG26016 AX40D
    SGXXXX AX30D

User Info Menu

I got one of the first SBMM JP70s in the Shadow Green. I absolutely fell in love with it and thought that while not directly comparable to an EBMM for obvious reasons, for the price, it stood up with my BFR JP7.

I also picked up the very first run of SBMM Majesties - Not the MAJ100, but I think they were calling it the JPM6 in stealth blue. This one I wasn't so pleased with. The pickups are ridiculously hot and the intonation is a little wacky. It could probably just use a proper setup and pickup swap, but I also picked up a EBMM Majesty recently and fell in love, so I may be offloading the JPM6 and converting to the church of EBMM full time, with the exception of the JP70.

-edit-
    Does anyone have any info on the JPM6s? They were introduced then almost immediately replaced by the MAJ100 and based on my experience thought it may have been due to quality control/unhappiness with the quality coming out of the factory that made them. I have nothing to base this off of other than comparing the quality of my JP70 (which was cheaper) to the JPM6.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1psc View Post
    I got one of the first SBMM JP70s in the Shadow Green. I absolutely fell in love with it and thought that while not directly comparable to an EBMM for obvious reasons, for the price, it stood up with my BFR JP7.

I also picked up the very first run of SBMM Majesties - Not the MAJ100, but I think they were calling it the JPM6 in stealth blue. This one I wasn't so pleased with. The pickups are ridiculously hot and the intonation is a little wacky. It could probably just use a proper setup and pickup swap, but I also picked up a EBMM Majesty recently and fell in love, so I may be offloading the JPM6 and converting to the church of EBMM full time, with the exception of the JP70.

-edit-
    Does anyone have any info on the JPM6s? They were introduced then almost immediately replaced by the MAJ100 and based on my experience thought it may have been due to quality control/unhappiness with the quality coming out of the factory that made them. I have nothing to base this off of other than comparing the quality of my JP70 (which was cheaper) to the JPM6.

Are you talking about the Blue Color JMP6?

User Info Menu

JPM6 was the first, short run out of Qingdao, China factory.
    The RPO there was approx 150 in Blue, and several samples made in Stealth Black. Production was moved to Korea, and the model name was changed to MAJ100, of which Red and Stealth Black were made as RPO, along with one sample in Mystic Dream for both 6 and 7 string.
    Production was moved to Indonesia just before my departure from Praxis/SBMM.
    I hope that this helps
    Brian Martin
    Former VP, Praxis Musical, 2012 - Jan 2018
    Product Guru All Things SBMM
    Brian.Xavier.Martin@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SBMM View Post
    JPM6 was the first, short run out of Qingdao, China factory.
    The RPO there was approx 150 in Blue, and several samples made in Stealth Black. Production was moved to Korea, and the model name was changed to MAJ100, of which Red and Stealth Black were made as RPO, along with one sample in Mystic Dream for both 6 and 7 string.
    Production was moved to Indonesia just before my departure from Praxis/SBMM.
    I hope that this helps
    Any particular reason the production was moved?