Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sterling by Music Man Owners!

User Info Menu

I started a sterling guitars facebook page where we can show off pix and talk about the guitars and bass'. Since I'm mainly a bass player I might buy one in the future. If Sterling doesn't like it, I can always change the name.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by techwannab View Post
    I started a sterling guitars facebook page where we can show off pix and talk about the guitars and bass'. Since I'm mainly a bass player I might buy one in the future. If Sterling doesn't like it, I can always change the name.
    Well, we already have a Facebook page, so I see no need for this
    Brian Martin
    Former VP, Praxis Musical, 2012 - Jan 2018
    Product Guru All Things SBMM
    Brian.Xavier.Martin@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by benoa View Post
    @BenB5150 Nice guitar! Love the color. Please keep us posted on the tremolo swap. I'm interested to follow that mod.
    Thanks Benoa! It is really a great guitar. I'll keep you posted on my tremolo swap as soon as I get my hands on one. I've placed two orders for a Gotoh and they've both been cancelled because they are on back order. I guess it's a popular bridge or they don't make that many of them. I've also been looking at another tremolo that looks like the one on the Peavey Wolfgang. I can't decide if I want to wait on a Gotoh or just order this other trem and be done with it. Either way when I get one I'll post an update.

Ben

User Info Menu

On the final day of the NAMM show, Sunday January 27, 2013, we filmed a spot with Premier Guitar.
    Here's the link to that demo for the new for 2013 JP70-TGB, AX40D-TP, and JP100D-RRB

NAMM '13 - Sterling by Music Man John Petrucci JP70, AX40D, and John Petrucci JP100D Demos - YouTube
    Brian Martin

User Info Menu

Boom! There they are delivered to my Household yesterday. L-R new ray 35 translucent white blonde, jp70 Signature John Petrucci SBMM 7 string model and a sub series silo 3 in a Honeyburst looking finish.. Bought that one cause I liked the finish and ended up playing her last nights and was absolutely floored at how great she is. Amazing job Brian and everyone at SBMM.. Homerun! Sterling by Music Man Owners!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362861381-763888-jpg
    EBMM artist.
    Albert Lee HH (in production)
    AXIS SPORT
    SBMM AX30
    SBMM JP100
    SBMM SILO30
    SUB RAY4
    SUB RAY5
    EB-WAH
    EB-JRVP

User Info Menu

^^^ Congratz! Really dig the Honeyburst Silo!!!

User Info Menu

Agreed.

User Info Menu

Thanks, I was really surprised how well made it was.. I think the street price is like $199 and literally and hour after I got it I had it at my gig and it was fabulous even with the stick strings on. The color (finish) is quite lovely.. I'm thinking about getting a regular EBMM silhouette with the HSH pups with a close to same finish with a black pearloid pickgaurd.. But idk, maybe even a black finish with the black pearl PG.. But I recommend the silo3 to anyone wanting to pick-up a jam guitar. Like I said I'm not sure what the price is but I'm al it's certain it's like $199 street.. So well worth it!
    EBMM artist.
    AXIS SPORT
    SBMM AX30
    SBMM JP100
    SBMM SILO30
    SUB RAY4
    SUB RAY5
    EB-WAH
    EB-JRVP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJKANEAO View Post
    Amazing job Brian and everyone at SBMM.. Homerun! Sterling by Music Man Owners!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362861381-763888-jpg
    You Da'Man braddah! How's that 7 string treating you so far?
    Brian Martin

User Info Menu

Steering my students toward the Sterling line and away from the typical epi/squire choices. Also good for the kids who are growing up, but still find the full size guitar a little awkward!

A+
    '05 JP6
    '05 SUB1 HH

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SBMM View Post
    You Da'Man braddah! How's that 7 string treating you so far?
    Brian.. Its awesome.. I used both jp70 n silo3 last night at our show for a group of 5000 people in attendance and the sound company flew in and shipped their gear in was based out of Orange County one of the best companies I've had the Pleasure of working with lately called "claire audio" , Have you heard of them?
    EBMM artist.
    AXIS SPORT
    SBMM AX30
    SBMM JP100
    SBMM SILO30
    SUB RAY4
    SUB RAY5
    EB-WAH
    EB-JRVP

User Info Menu

@sbmm Sterling by Music Man Owners!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363159381-284701-jpg
    More to come as soon as I can get some time in to do more editing. Aloha
    EBMM artist.
    AXIS SPORT
    SBMM AX30
    SBMM JP100
    SBMM SILO30
    SUB RAY4
    SUB RAY5
    EB-WAH
    EB-JRVP

User Info Menu

Well, I wanted to replace the Sterling bridge with a Gotoh but I had issues aquiring one. They seem to be on endless back order or way over priced. The Sterling bridge is pretty good but I had problems installing a D-Tuna so that's why I wanted to replace it. I came across some Gotoh saddles while looking for an affordable Gotoh bridge so I bought them. I replaced the stock saddles, fine tuner tension plate and added a brass tremolo block basically rebuilding the tremolo. I had returned the D-Tuna I purchased when I bought the guitar and had ordered a new one when I decided to replace the bridge. After I rebuilt the bridge the D-Tuna works like a champ! I may still replace the bridge later on down the line but for now I'm happy with it and I saved some money. Other parts I've replaced are the pick up switch, volume pot & knob, the string retainer & tremolo arm assembly. It was pretty good stock but I'm really happy with the upgrades I've made so far.

Ben

User Info Menu

Ben - great job there!

What I would suggest is to start another thread detailing the extent of your work on this upgrade.

I always get a ton of requests regarding this mod, but, since we don't offer it, and thus, I have no hands on experience with modding it, I think it would be a tremendous service of experience that you could offer to other owners that are interested in doing this.

What I would suggest: A concise list of the parts used to mod, with name/manufacturer/part numbers. If you could possibly take it apart and detail pictures of what you changed out, etc. I know that is asking a lot, but since it is new and fresh, and you hopefully have this information handy, would be excellent!

I know I'd for sure at least have a T-Shirt and Hat sent out your way for your trouble
    Brian Martin

User Info Menu

are there plans to do the silohette bass or petrucci baritone for the sbmm line? how about both? lots o people using baritones lately! i would definetly get both