Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sterling by Music Man Owners!

User Info Menu

Sterling by Music Man Owners!

Who here owns a SBMM? Any lurkers out there? Let's start an owners thread.

What do you have? Let's see some pics. These are great guitars. Show them off!

My new JP100:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sterling by Music Man Owners!-p3022156-jpg   Sterling by Music Man Owners!-p3022153-jpg  
    Last edited by Michael919; 03-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Love my Sterling AX40 a bunch !!!

User Info Menu

Love my Limited White Finish 2010 Silo30 -

Blue Pearl Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling 1996
    SBMM SUB Series AX3 Transparent Blue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernILL View Post
    Love my Sterling AX40 a bunch !!!
    Nice one. Neck tinting looks great, BTW!
    Last edited by Michael919; 03-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Love my SBMM Silo30 - see avatar pic! I'm at work so that will have to do for now. Now that I have a great amp (Vox VT20+) my Silo SCREAMS!!!!
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rogueone41 View Post
    Love my Limited White Finish 2010 Silo30 -
    Nice! White variations of any guitar type will never go out of style.

User Info Menu

ok, here's an old video of my JP50, with Crunch Lab/Liquid Fire pups. Awesome guitar
    Shred this too- Tung Le.dv - YouTube

User Info Menu

That was really cool, Tung. I really liked the jazzy feel and great scale selection. Is that guitar the same as the blue one in your other vids? It's hard to tell the colour in the shred video.

User Info Menu

Nice AX40 above! I need to try one these soon!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael919 View Post
    That was really cool, Tung. I really liked the jazzy feel and great scale selection. Is that guitar the same as the blue one in your other vids? It's hard to tell the colour in the shred video.
    Thanks a lot, Michael. The blue guitar is actually my 2007 EBMM JP6 Blue Dawn. My SBMM JP50 was the first run of the Sterling line that came out 2 years ago, which came only in one color, pearl red burst.

User Info Menu

I just ordered an AX30 from Musician's friend, a used one, for 359$...Even after the import duties (not more than 100$?) in Holland I think it's a good deal. Should be here in a couple of days. I have plenty of high end guitars and a proper Axis super sport in Pacific blue burst or something similar should have been my next purchase, but with a 2-month od baby it's simply not an option. So I decided to buy a cheap AX30 and pretend it's a top model I hear they are decent instruments...Anyway, what modifications do you suggest? What pickups etc...I would like to slowly upgrade everything that's upgradable in the near future...Though I'm thinking there's not much that can be upgraded, except for the pickups. In that case, what pickups do you guys suggest? Thanks!

User Info Menu

I am so tempted to get a Sterling, how good are they guys
    "What is understood need not be discussed"

User Info Menu

I just got my brand new Axis pacific blue burst yesterday Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie M View Post
    I am so tempted to get a Sterling, how good are they guys
    I have only played the JP100. I have played guitar for over 35 years and I think that this guitar might be the best kept secret out there. It is comparable to guitars several times the price. I can't wait to try it with the MM JP spec Demarzio's!

A few owners of EBMM JP's have told me that the Sterling JP is fairly close. Google Some reviews. There are a few by people who either have a MM JP or have tested them.

The AX30 looks to be fairly close to the Axis too, based on some comments from users here who have both.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The wizard View Post
    I just got my brand new Axis pacific blue burst yesterday Thanks.
    Happy NGD! Let's see some pics!