Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: 25 anniv

User Info Menu

25 anniv

Friends,

As you know, I live in Chile. Therefore, trying out MM guitars is very difficult, and I dont have the chance to fly to the US as often as Id like.

However, I already know about the quality, versatility, playability (etc, etc, etc) of MM guitars, so Im confident about buying them without trying.

I already own a Y2D and a Silho special (SSS). Have tried the Axxis and Petrucci also. Everyone of them is great (arent all MM like that?)

But reading, Ive kind of made my mind about the 25 anniv. guitar. It seems to be an amazing instrument, and very versatile. I think its almost the same as the reflex (or not?).

If you own it (or have tried it)...

What do you think about it?

Thanks for your great comments.

User Info Menu

Hi, the 25th anniversary is virtually the same guitar as the reflex except for cosmetic differences like the quilt/flame top, pearloid buttons and pearloid fret markers. Aside from that they are the same guitar and if you like the neck of your Silhouette special I think you will like the the 25th/Reflex because I believe it is the same modern C shape as the Silo. I own a 25th hardtail and I love it! I think others will chime in and tell you how great they are.

User Info Menu

+1 on the 25th. If I was a full time gigging musician and could only keep one of mine, the 25th would be it. It covers everything.
    25th Anniversary,Venetian Red Quilt,Maple neck,G47369,
    Axis Supersport BFR,Tobacco Burst,Rosewood neck,G47057,
    Axis Tribute,Purple Quilt, Maple neck, G54353
    EVH Red Quilt Hard Tail,Maple neck,87269
    Semi-Hollow Super Sport, Neptune Blue,G72992
    EVH Purple Flame,Maple Neck,84096
    Silo Special,Sky Blue,Hard Tail,G70886

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icedlatte View Post
    if you like the neck of your Silhouette special I think you will like the the 25th/Reflex because I believe it is the same modern C shape as the Silo
    Yes!

I read that...it is an amazing neck!!!

That quality already caused a big smile and made my mind go "click"...

User Info Menu

I also have a SSS SIlo and my reflex compliments it very well. I love my 25th, its getting old to just praise the guitar, but its really as versatile as people say it is.
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

User Info Menu

I think my GAS has gone to a higher place :P

User Info Menu

It is coming closer...

And a BFR one...

Man, Im drooling madly on this babe...

User Info Menu

It's a fantastic axe. I own one and have gigged with it. It has an amazing array of tones. The tone knobs are actually usable. The neck is beautiful, and plays like a musicman...I love all of them. It looks unique and stunning. Mine is rock steady the most stable non-FloydRose guitar I own, almost to the point of being a joke. It literally never goes out of tune. It has the best acoustic sustain of any electric guitar I own.

Minor drawbacks for total honesty's sake: Because of the the lightness of the body, it is slightly neck heavy. I have a vintage trem and the trem arm makes it sometimes awkward to get to the series/parallel switch. With a hard-tail or the trem arm out this is not an issue. I sometimes wish the pickup selector was a little more forward like where a strat is and some pictures of the guitar have the pickup selector in the "strat" position. I find positions 2 and 3 on the pickup selector to be almost sonically identical.

That being said, if I was stranded on a desert island, this is the guitar I would like to have washed up on shore with me. It has become my must-have axe (and I have a fair amount of axes).
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitarp77 View Post
    It is coming closer...

And a BFR one...

Man, Im drooling madly on this babe...
    Something like this?

You will NOT regret.
    jimmy

2009 25th Anniversary BFR All Rosewood Neck #24/25
    2002 Silo Spec SSS Autumn Redburst
    2007 Silo Spec HSS LE 07 Blue Dawn
    2005 SM Y2D Purple Sunset
    2007 AL SSS Cherry Burst
    Mesa/Boogie Studio Caliber
    Mesa/Boogie Mark V25

User Info Menu

I have the 25th, AL SSS and a Silo.
    Let's just say all I'll ever need is the 25th and the AL.

Go for it!!! You cannot be disappointed.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

^ Ripper - is that the custom dresser/guitar storage cabinet you made? How's it working out for you?

If you guys don't know, and I'm not mistaken, he made that cabinet behind the 25th. It's drawers for guitars! It's sweet! I'm sure there are some pics of it somewhere in the archives.

Sorry for the hijack
    jeremy

Reflex - Black Maple Hardtail - 11/07/12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    ^ Ripper - is that the custom dresser/guitar storage cabinet you made? How's it working out for you?
    Working great luv!! This thing is built to last, and for ultimate users-convenience. Since the weather here in Singapore is hot n humid for most of the time, I do not have the problem of neck movement. As i wiped my string after use every time, string life is good. One drawback on this cabinet - its made for straight neck guitars (EBMM/Fender) So ibanez n angled counterparts need not apply!

Back to the 25th - look at my avatar, my baby gal gives her approval!!!
    jimmy

2009 25th Anniversary BFR All Rosewood Neck #24/25
    2002 Silo Spec SSS Autumn Redburst
    2007 Silo Spec HSS LE 07 Blue Dawn
    2005 SM Y2D Purple Sunset
    2007 AL SSS Cherry Burst
    Mesa/Boogie Studio Caliber
    Mesa/Boogie Mark V25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Something like this?

You will NOT regret.