The Vault
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finger Ease Spray

User Info Menu

Your a ****ing idiot show some respect to your teacher who's been doing this obviously alot longer than you have bitch

User Info Menu

Dear Mr Brittain, you must be really upset, and not the smartest guy.

Your first post, 7 year old thread and you´re insulting a forum member.

...or maybe you´re just his guitar teacher...then quit your job and clean toilets (where you can use spray stuff the whole day on things that are not yours)

@Mods: Can we just ban him, we need nice people over here.
    Mick
    EVH transblack 1995 slightly faded
    Silhouette transteal 1994 (updated with a compensated nut!)

Mick´s Guitar Center
    Landshut/Germany
    www.facebook.com/MicksGuitarCenter
    "We offer extremly high quality & extremly low prices! - Pick one!"

User Info Menu

James, welcome to the forum. On other forums that might be cool, but not here. If you can't manage respect, civility is the rule of the day. This is a very cool place, we love our Aussies, and if you stick around you'll enjoy it. (I'm an honorary Melbournian myself)

But please edit or delete your post ASAP.

Mick, I know you can do better than that too.

Folks, Beej is on vacation and has asked me to keep an eye on things. Bovinehost will look in on this and deal with it as necessary. In the mean time you all have better things to post about. Leave this one alone, OK?

Thanks!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Nicely handled Kev.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads-up, sir. The toilet has been flushed.

User Info Menu

I just spray a rag lightly and rub it on the strings..simple ,efficient,and no overspray to clean up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeChannel View Post
    Silicone is terrible for wood! I avoid that stuff like the plague. Roche Thomas fingerboard oil is the way to go.
    Since when ? their are lots of furniture polishes on the market that come in aerosol form that have been used for over 50 years and they are still on the market, wood is not as brital as people make out as most trees are treated with chemicals when growing to speed the process up, some of the french polish in a tin has way more harmful stuff in than finger ease and the reason it is used on a wide scale is cause it is easy to apply, if u want to apply proper french polish u need a good french polisher to do it, finger easy is good for any guitar and I have used it on my les paul, strats, and music man with brirds eye maple board, and i am going to carry on using it as it is way better than not having it on.

What I do sometimes do is put a cloth under the strings and then spray it on, but that's not to protect the fret board persa, but more to get a good coat on the strings without making the fret board ott

User Info Menu

Don't be alarmed.....I have been using it for years on my PRS...and now on my EBMM.......mostly when I gig outdoors....It reduces the friction....my necks still look great!!!! Wow....what a scare!!!
    25th Anniversary, Flame Top, 2009
    Tobacco Burst Axis Super Sport Trem. BFR All Rosewood Neck
    DOB: 2/16/09
    Axis Tribute Trans Pink 2012
    Axis Tribute Trans Purple 2012
    Axis Tribute Trans Black 2012
    Axis Tribute Trans Blue 2012
    Axis Trans Orange 2012 Killer Neck
    American Standard Tele 2013 Jade Pearl Metallic
    Life is a journey, not a destination.....Enjoy the ride!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh9RX...1&feature=plcp

User Info Menu

And we're still quoting posts from 2004 .... ?

Time to let this one die me thinks.