Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New JP12-7 video (DT Cover)

User Info Menu

New JP12-7 video (DT Cover)

Pretty much any time I get a new JP guitar I feel compelled to do a Dream Theater cover. I went with Caught In a Web this time because I wanted to make sure I picked a song I could have down in less than a week. This was the first time I've ever really edited video (which seemed to take just as long as learning the song, haha). The audio is just from the camera mic (all one take) so you could hear the raw tone of the guitar (and amp). It wasn't the best audio I had recorded, but it'll do I suppose.

I've literally been up all night finishing this thing. I'll expound more later. Anyway here it is:

Last edited by Systems; 05-25-2012 at 06:01 AM.
    JP12-7 Bali Burst DOB:

JPXI-7 Emerald Green Sparkle....

Systems- Facebook

Systems- Twitter
    Systems- YouTube
    Systems- BandCamp

User Info Menu

Diggin it! What are you using for an amp?

User Info Menu

Really nice!
    Shame that you made the front-view black&white most of the time so we couldn't see the amazing cherry sugar Looks like a really nice guitar though
    JP6 Dargie Delight II Fully Loaded DOB Sep. 28th -09
    JP7 BFR Bahama Blue Burst with Rosewood Neck DOB Feb. 20th -14

User Info Menu

Yes indeed...that's a great job on their cover. Congrats on the new axe, she looks "dangerous".

Have a good Holiday weekend !
    99 EBMM Silhouette Special (3 Tone Sunburst) S-S-S
    96 EBMM Silhouette Special (Purple) H-S (Custom pickguard)

User Info Menu

Awesome! Loving the T-shirt
    JPX 7 - Born 08/18/11
    '08 Tokai Love Rock
    '06 Ibanez Prestige RG2550
    '09 Ibanez RG7321FM
    Marshall JVM410H, 1936 w/G12T-75's re-covered in salt &pepper grille cloth

http://photobucket.com/ADguitars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangenote View Post
    Diggin it! What are you using for an amp?
    ENGL Invader ---> ISP Decimator ----> Mesa cab. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanax View Post
    Really nice!
    Shame that you made the front-view black&white most of the time so we couldn't see the amazing cherry sugar Looks like a really nice guitar though
    haha yeah I realized that towards the end. I had every intention of doing it in b&w from the start. There will be others to show off the color. Actually I have another one up on that channel just demoing the tone that also shows the color decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_D View Post
    Awesome! Loving the T-shirt
    Yeah I was getting comments all day. I haven't worn that shirt in at least two years. I just forgot to put the laundry in the dryer the night before, so it was really the only shirt I had left, haha.
    JP12-7 Bali Burst DOB:

Systems- Facebook

Systems- Twitter
    Systems- YouTube
    Systems- BandCamp

User Info Menu

Sounds great man!
    Ernie Ball MusicMan Luke III HSS PDN 2012 Honey Burst

User Info Menu

very nice job. I only wish you opt for color so we can dig that JP12 finish.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tung View Post
    very nice job. I only wish you opt for color so we can dig that JP12 finish.
    haha, thanks. You can see the color much better in this one. It's just some random stupid stuff; kind of a tone demo of sorts I guess:

I need to re-do it though and have some clips with the Piezo.
    JP12-7 Bali Burst DOB:

Systems- Facebook

Systems- Twitter
    Systems- YouTube
    Systems- BandCamp

User Info Menu

Great vids! congrats!!
    Y2D PDN DOB 09/27/12
    Standard Morse DOB 07/17/12
    Darklord DOB 06/29/12
    Silhouette special all rosewood neck DOB 04/27/11
    25 anniv. BFR all rosewood neck. Nș 20 of 25 DOB 09/09/09

Mesa/Boogie MarkV head + 4x12 Recto Cab, Slant.

User Info Menu

It sounds, and looks great man!
    I think I've finally made my decision to pick up an Engl Steve Morse.
    Ernie Ball Music-Man John Petrucci 6 BFR (Ruby Red Burst [Quilt])
    Ernie Ball Music-Man John Petrucci 7 BFR (Koa Island Burst [Flame])
    Ibanez Universe UV70P (Green Dot)
    Engl Special Edition EL34
    Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II

User Info Menu

James C .... The ENGL InVader and ENGL Steve Morse are completely different animals. I had an ENGL Steve Morse and didn't care for channel 2 so I returned it and got the ENGL InVader 100. I'm thrilled with this amp. Every time I plug in I am amazed at how good it sounds.

Make sure you try to test each one out before buying.

Oh, and Musician's Friend's 45 day return policy is no joke. I called to return the ENGL Steve Morse on day 44 with no problems at all. I tested that amp out a lot before returning it for the InVader. I wanted to like it ... it just wasn't meant to be.
    2005 Steve Morse - Color: Vintage Sunburst - SN: G26981 - DOB: 01/24/2005
    2010 Steve Morse with Floyd - Color: Morse Blueburst - SN: G51507 - DOB: 10/14/2010

Ernie Ball Music Man Endorsed Artist

OurAfter

User Info Menu

I know they're completely different, I just meant on the topic of Engl. ahah
    I have played both amps, and I'm leaning towards the Steve Morse at the moment. It'll still be a couple months before I really bite the bullet.

I've never ordered any major product online, I just go to my local dealer if I need anything. I'm on pretty good terms with all of them so If I ever do need to make an exchange it wouldn't be a problem if I did change my mind.
    Thanks for the info though.
    Ernie Ball Music-Man John Petrucci 6 BFR (Ruby Red Burst [Quilt])
    Ernie Ball Music-Man John Petrucci 7 BFR (Koa Island Burst [Flame])
    Ibanez Universe UV70P (Green Dot)
    Engl Special Edition EL34
    Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LegGodt View Post
    James C .... The ENGL InVader and ENGL Steve Morse are completely different animals. I had an ENGL Steve Morse and didn't care for channel 2 so I returned it and got the ENGL InVader 100. I'm thrilled with this amp. Every time I plug in I am amazed at how good it sounds.

Make sure you try to test each one out before buying.

Oh, and Musician's Friend's 45 day return policy is no joke. I called to return the ENGL Steve Morse on day 44 with no problems at all. I tested that amp out a lot before returning it for the InVader. I wanted to like it ... it just wasn't meant to be.
    This is true. All the ENGL's are fairly different. I had my Invader re-tubed about 8 months ago with high-gain E34Ls. It made a pretty big difference. I had a Savage before this, a few years ago, but definitely preferred the Invader over it.

Did MF make you pay the return shipping? If not, that's pretty crazy. Those things cost a ridiculous amount to ship.
    JP12-7 Bali Burst DOB:

Systems- Facebook

Systems- Twitter
    Systems- YouTube
    Systems- BandCamp

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Systems View Post
    haha, thanks. You can see the color much better in this one. It's just some random stupid stuff; kind of a tone demo of sorts I guess:
    Thanks for the demo, bro. It sounds and looks great. EBMM finishes are just gorgeous on certain models.
    The only i don't like about the JP12 is the extra slimmed down cutaways. I always preferred the original JP6 design, even the BFR, with the bigger horns.