Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: Sterling John Petrucci Series

User Info Menu

Cool Sterling John Petrucci Series

Hey guys, first of all, I just found theese forums today. From what I've seen so far, this is a great community. Also I hope that i put this in the right section, I couldn't find one for Sterling.

So basically what I want to know is what is the difference between the JP100 and the JP60. I'm a huge Petrucci player and I'm interested in buying one of these guitars, but I can't quite figgure out which one would be better for me. Also how is the action, and play style versitility?

Thanks,
    ZZY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZZY View Post
    ...what is the difference between the JP100 and the JP60?..

Thanks,
    ZZY
    The finish. JP100 = Quilty black or burst. JP60 = black.

Hopefully, Pat Park will pop in on this thread with better details...
    Where's your Majesty?

User Info Menu

the body shapes are slightly different. The Jp60 has the scooped forearm contour. The JP100 has a more traditional forearm contour.

The JP100 has the quilt maple top with a transparent finish (black or sunburst).

Both have jumbo frets and basically the same neck. Hardware, pickups are same.

Hope the info helps
    Thanks.
    Pat

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The finish. JP100 = Quilty black or burst. JP60 = black.

Hopefully, Pat Park will pop in on this thread with better details...

Quote Originally Posted by patpark View Post
    the body shapes are slightly different. The Jp60 has the scooped forearm contour. The JP100 has a more traditional forearm contour.

The JP100 has the quilt maple top with a transparent finish (black or sunburst).

Both have jumbo frets and basically the same neck. Hardware, pickups are same.

Hope the info helps
    Thanks.
    Pat
    So ultimately just the body style and paint, alright, thanks guys that's all I really wanted to know!

-ZZY

User Info Menu

JP60 or JP100, you can't go wrong. i love my JP50.
    I should mention that besides the fact that these guitars are among the best in this price range, Pat is one of the best reps around and will go out of his way to help you with the Sterling line.

User Info Menu

I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned here but there is also the JP100D. I believe it's a Musician's Friend exclusive that has the upgraded DiMarzio Crunch Lab and Liquid Fire pickups. Definitely something worth considering. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

EBMM Game Changer - HSH
    EBMM Armada - Black
    EBMM Majesty 7 - Arctic Dream
    EBMM Luke III - 2014 PDN Neptune Blue HH - Roasted
    EBMM Luke III - Olive Gold - HSS - Roasted Maple Neck
    EBMM Axis - Trans Gold Quilt -Roasted Maple Neck
    EBMM Albert Lee - True Gold - Roasted Maple Neck - Mahogany Body - MM90's - Piezo - Hardtail
    EBMM Albert Lee - Classic White - RW Neck - MM90's - Piezo - Hardtail
    SBMM JP50 - Stealth Black
    SBMM AX30 - White
    SBMM AX40 - Trans Blue
    SBMM Silo20 - Black
    SBMM Ray 34