New Prodigy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing forum regular

User Info Menu

Missing forum regular

Preface by saying if this is an inappropriate questions please let me know so I can immediate delete....

I am just curious if anyone knows what has become of Roblinda (???) - he was very active here for a long time but haven't seen any posts for a quite sometime
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Great bloke, Rob. He hasn't been around for a few months. Always good to see his 'face'.

People have lives, things move and change, and forums do too. People come and go for many reasons. The vibe changes, the regulars change, the vibe changes again, the regulars change again - it's a slow but constant evolution.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

I caught him on here about a month or so ago and said "what's up?". He responded. I think he lingers a bit here and there to check out the forum, but doesn't post much.

As DrKev stated...everything changes. It does get a bit repetitive when you are seeing the 25th (or 50th) thread about the Axis vs. the ASS and which one is better. I like it here, but I still have to take it in doses. I also find that I post much less than I used to.

I remember the thread about Rob's son and all the problems he was having as a baby....it was heartbreaking. Then BP gave him an Al signed by everyone at EBMM. That was a cool thread!

I think Rob is good....or at least I hope he is.
    jeremy

Reflex - Black Maple Hardtail - 11/07/12

User Info Menu

I was speaking with Colin and asked about Rob. Seems like amongst other things he is involved with "Cricket" on the internet
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Do miss Rob. One of them old schoolers. Always missed to have a guy that admired the Al in such an enthusiastic way.
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

User Info Menu

I have thought about Rob and wondered where he went. I hope that all is well with him and his family.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

Withhout his awesome AL videos on Youtube I would have never picked one up. Killer player showing the potential of a great guitar.
    Axis Super Sport Black Sparkle "Mr Sparkle"
    Reflex Roasted Maple "Black Mamba"
    Reflex Rosewood Neck Tangerine Pearl
    25th Anniversary "Jeff"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySteve View Post
    Do miss Rob. One of them old schoolers. Always missed to have a guy that admired the Al in such an enthusiastic way.
    Indeed.

Well, first the Luke, IIRC, followed by the Silhouette Special, then the AL. Of course, once hits ANYBODY hits the AL they never seem to move. I might be missing out on something...
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

yeah I do miss also some of my old mate like Robelinda
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Great bloke, Rob. He hasn't been around for a few months. Always good to see his 'face'.

People have lives, things move and change, and forums do too. People come and go for many reasons. The vibe changes, the regulars change, the vibe changes again, the regulars change again - it's a slow but constant evolution.
    Your spot on Kev with your comments we all need a break from time to time as it becomes abit too repetitve especially if your posting here as much as Rob was.
    Im only begginning to start posting again after along spell away from the forum.A change is as a good as a rest as they say!!!!
    BFR JP6 Bahama Blue Burst
    25TH Anniversary Quilt,maple neck with tremolo.

IRISH by the grace of God

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    Seems like amongst other things he is involved with "Cricket" on the internet
    yes... a little bit http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2/videos
    Last edited by banjoplayer; 07-18-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Let's see if I can summon the chap.

Uh...cough, cough...... What about an Albert Lee MM90?

that should do it
    7/29/04 EBMM Sub1 X11376 oil/wax neck, gloss black body, faux binding, HSS w/5 way and silent circuit
    keep in mind that you are talking about four pieces of wood two pots one switch a trem along with springs two pickups and some wire.....BP

User Info Menu

Kev said it best, I am sure he will get an itch sooner or later and stop in, but he is certainly missed. .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack FFR1846 View Post
    Let's see if I can summon the chap.

Uh...cough, cough...... What about an Albert Lee MM90?

that should do it
    Haha, I tried that move MANY times trying to summon Rob. It never worked.

The whole reason behind me wanting to join the ALOC was Rob and Spud. I was a long time lurker in those days and by the time I joined, I was on my 4th MM guitar, the last two being ALs. My desire to get an AL with MM90's was all Rob's enthusiasm. I got two because I agreed, the AL with MM90's is a beast, just as Rob described.

BTW, what ever happend to the ALOC? After Michael's unfortunate passing, it seemed to quietly disappear. Those were good times here!

Does anybody remember laughter? Oh wait, that's for another thread.

EBMM Game Changer - HSH
    EBMM Armada - Black
    EBMM Majesty 7 - Arctic Dream
    EBMM Luke III - 2014 PDN Neptune Blue HH - Roasted
    EBMM Luke III - Olive Gold - HSS - Roasted Maple Neck
    EBMM Axis - Trans Gold Quilt -Roasted Maple Neck
    EBMM Albert Lee - True Gold - Roasted Maple Neck - Mahogany Body - MM90's - Piezo - Hardtail
    EBMM Albert Lee - Classic White - RW Neck - MM90's - Piezo - Hardtail
    SBMM JP50 - Stealth Black
    SBMM AX30 - White
    SBMM AX40 - Trans Blue
    SBMM Silo20 - Black
    SBMM Ray 34

User Info Menu

Here's a video clip of Rob's band The Nightfillers.
    The Nightfillers - Its Over Now - YouTube

Great tune, and Rob's rockin' his BFR Luke.
    Last edited by marillion-freak; 07-28-2012 at 01:35 AM.