Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: Steve Morse Vintage Trem

User Info Menu

Steve Morse Vintage Trem

Has Steve Morse ever had a Music Man Vintage Tremelo Installed on a Prototype Morse Guitar?
    Has there ever been any talk to have a Vintage Music Man Trem on a Production Morse Guitar?
    I dont really care for Floyd Equipped guitars. The Music Man Tremelo is far better than a Floyd.

User Info Menu

There was a prototype made which resides at the ebmm offices. The lucky people that attended the open house a while back got to see that. The reason Steve's models are equipped with the floyds is because that's what HE prefers and works for him. But I do agree....would love to have a Y2D with the mm trem.
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

I remember seeing a pic of a Morse-proto with MM Standard Trem hanging on the wall in SLO. But Im not sure if it was a Standard or a Y2D...
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: Shelter50

User Info Menu

I was lucky enough to be one of those guys who saw the wall of prototypes in SLO There's a Morse proto with a MM bridge, however it's a hardtail.

Vintage trem would definitely be cool on one, but Steve doesn't use the trem all that much. He uses the Floyd for the odd song and then goes back to the hardtails, where he has a definite preference for the TOM style bridge.

User Info Menu

That blue proto is awesome! I have a pic somewhere, I'd love a Morse with a vintage trem
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

User Info Menu

A vintage trem on a Y2D would be on my chack list if you could custom order one.

User Info Menu

Colin, If you could find that photo of the Morse, Cool stuff.... I'm wondering if the Sterling MM line Guitars use the same Vintage Music Man Tremelo as the SLO guitars ? I would buy a used one just for parts. How hard would it be to have a Luthier install a Music Man Trem on a Morse?

User Info Menu

Dug through my photos and found a pic. What's interesting is that next to the hardtail Morse proto, there's a vintage trem Y2D proto

Didn't notice that one before.

User Info Menu

Yea that's the one I remember seeing. Actually I dont remember that standard SM with that MM hardtail haha. I would totally love that Y2D...AND it's tobacco burst!
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

Thanks Beej ! How hard would it be to convince MM to put this on the Menu ? I love it !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roubster View Post
    Yea that's the one I remember seeing. Actually I dont remember that standard SM with that MM hardtail
    +1 ! Thanks beej !
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: Shelter50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminFloyd View Post
    Thanks Beej ! How hard would it be to convince MM to put this on the Menu ? I love it !
    No problemo!

Pretty hard, I imagine. My guess would be that it'd be easier for MM to have the MM style bridge there instead of the TOM, but since it's Steve's guitar, it's really his call.

User Info Menu

Cool pics.... interesting post.

Gotta give credit to the guys at MM... at least when they offer a signature guitar it is exactly what the guy plays & not modded to suit any commercial package/sales needs. Whether we like it or not. At least they are true artist sig axes.

Cheers
    Baz

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=beej;887709]Dug through my photos and found a pic. What's interesting is that next to the hardtail Morse proto, there's a vintage trem Y2D proto

Wow Beej,

What year was that?
    25th Anniversary,Venetian Red Quilt,Maple neck,G47369,
    Axis Supersport BFR,Tobacco Burst,Rosewood neck,G47057,
    Axis Tribute,Purple Quilt, Maple neck, G54353
    EVH Red Quilt Hard Tail,Maple neck,87269
    Semi-Hollow Super Sport, Neptune Blue,G72992
    EVH Purple Flame,Maple Neck,84096
    Silo Special,Sky Blue,Hard Tail,G70886

User Info Menu

September 2005. Such a great time!