Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win A Private Masterclass with John Petrucci!

User Info Menu

Win A Private Masterclass with John Petrucci!

Ernie Ball's Cheers to 50 Years program gives you the chance to win over $50,000 of prizes and a masterclass
    with John Petrucci....Check it out here...

Cheers To 50 Years - Home

User Info Menu

World-wide??????? Sorry to ask but i cant be arsed looking through all the rules....ive had that type of day!!!

J
    www.myspace.com/gordonsalive
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jonnydubai
    Sub1 HH trem blue
    Silo Special (Metal Flake Green)
    Axis SS (trans orange)
    Fender Richie Kotzen Tele (bronze burst)

ENGL Blackmore 100
    Mesa Roadster 2x12
    Digitech CM-2, Digital Delay
    Morley Bad horsie 2
    Boss Octaver 2

User Info Menu

This is only for the US through Guitar Center! Sorry guys!

User Info Menu

I've decided that I'm going to find the red pick. So you guys are free to battle for the remainder of the prizes. Going to get some more Cobalt strings........
    7/29/04 EBMM Sub1 X11376 oil/wax neck, gloss black body, faux binding, HSS w/5 way and silent circuit
    keep in mind that you are talking about four pieces of wood two pots one switch a trem along with springs two pickups and some wire.....BP

User Info Menu

Damn, living far SUCKS!
    Y2D PDN DOB 09/27/12
    Standard Morse DOB 07/17/12
    Darklord DOB 06/29/12
    Silhouette special all rosewood neck DOB 04/27/11
    25 anniv. BFR all rosewood neck. Nș 20 of 25 DOB 09/09/09

Mesa/Boogie MarkV head + 4x12 Recto Cab, Slant.

User Info Menu

wow that's really cool

hope to see some knucklehead in the winner (at least of the string pack )
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Well time to buy a few sets of cobalts from GC

User Info Menu

It is interesting to note that my Guitar Center catalog lists two of the prizes in a different way: the red pick prize is "$10 000 worth of Music Man instruments" and the white pick prize is "$10 000 worth of Ernie Ball strings".

User Info Menu

Wow! That's a huge prize.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

10K worth of strings-that sounds like a mistake. Which pick gets you the lesson with JP?

10K Worth of strings? That I think is a mistake

User Info Menu

It really sucks so much that this is only for US.
    IMO it's almost better for a company that sells world-wide to skip contests like these if they only offer it in 1 part of the world since it'll only lead to angry and frustrated customers who'll feel left out.

I couldn't care less about the price-money or the price-artifacts(okay, the custom MM would be kinda cool but I can live without it). The thing that really grinds my groins(is that the correct expression? ) is the fact that I'll be missing out on the chance to win the masterclass with Petrucci.
    JP6 Dargie Delight II Fully Loaded DOB Sep. 28th -09
    JP7 BFR Bahama Blue Burst with Rosewood Neck DOB Feb. 20th -14

User Info Menu

I don't feel agrieved at all by the fact that it is only open to US residents.
    It's a US company company after all - and who knows how the US tax system works? there could be the loss of Tax relief implications if the prize goes to a non US resident?

Couple of packs of Cobalt would be fine for me lol
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    I don't feel agrieved at all by the fact that it is only open to US residents.
    It's a US company company after all - and who knows how the US tax system works? there could be the loss of Tax relief implications if the prize goes to a non US resident?

Couple of packs of Cobalt would be fine for me lol
    A private lesson with John Petrucci doesn't exist so officially there's no price on it - therefore no tax. It would be more like a "favor" that I'm given by EBMM. The guitar and other prices though is of course trickier and I believe you are completely correct in that the tax issue could be why they choose to host the contest for US residents only. For instance, I know canadian advertising laws make it very difficult to host it for Canadians.

I still don't think it's fair. I definitely don't know much, if anything at all, about advertisement laws or laws regarding subjects around that, but if a company have found the means to SELL stuff all over the world, they should be able to figure out a way to GIVE stuff away all over the world too. Don't you think?

Imagine how many EBMM customers who are fans of JP and would die to get to have a lesson with him. Then think of how many of those fans are located outside of US, are you surprised the customers will feel cheated on and left out by their beloved company?
    Last edited by Tanax; 09-05-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    JP6 Dargie Delight II Fully Loaded DOB Sep. 28th -09
    JP7 BFR Bahama Blue Burst with Rosewood Neck DOB Feb. 20th -14

User Info Menu

10k in strings would be slpit among all the winning sets. lets say $10 a set = 1000 winners.

More inportant question: How do you know you are getting a pack with a code/pick? Any special packaging/sticker? If you buy today you may be getting sotre stock that is already in place?
    Last edited by Lou; 09-05-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    JP6 Mystic Dream
    JP6 DD2
    JP6 BFR Walnut
    JP6 White Sparkle
    JP6 BFR Cherry Burst
    JP6 BFR Black Sparkle Custom Color
    JPX6
    JP6 Olive Gold
    JP6 Blue Dawn
    JP13 Cardinal Red Sparkle
    JP6 Stealth White
    JP6 Gold Sparkle
    JP6 Starry Night
    JP6 Autumn Red
    Luke III Buttercream

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    10k in strings would be split among all the winning sets. lets say $10 a set = 1000 winners.
    Yes, that's exactly what I though.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.