Strap Blocks
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: you only can choose one- Luke III - HH or SSH

User Info Menu

If you head to the Musicman website, there will be a control function diagram for each guitar

Position 1: Bridge (series)
    Position 2: outside coils (parallel)
    Position 3: both pickups (parallel)
    Position 4: inside coils (parallel)
    Position 5: Neck (series)
    Musicman Luke BFR Bahama Blueburst, Sparkle Back (03/07/07) (1 of 10 signed by Luke)
    Musicman LIII BFR Blueberry Burst
    Musicman LIII Bodhi Blue
    Musicman Y2D

User Info Menu

I have the chance to own both.
    I first got the HH and I immediately wanted the HSS. I played it a lot, but I came back to the HH.
    The humbuckers sounds fantastic and the second position ( outside coils ) can do it all...from funk to blues. The HH is really my main and favorite.
    currently recording my second solo album for grooveyard records on LIII HH / HSS

User Info Menu

Both of my Lukes are HSS. I like the way you can use the singlecoils to get really weird and filthy sounds that a neck humbucker just isnt capable of doing. They make my fuzzboxes sound really cool.

If you play a lot of "smooth" sounding melodies and leads, then you'd probably want the HH version.

User Info Menu

Get both!

User Info Menu

I don't know how it is with luke HH but HSS seems veeery versatile ! It can cover such a huge variety of music genres. I did demo just using Luke 3. As you can hear you can play metal,rock, blues etc and you will be fine
    #CTGREC Music man Luke III test - YouTube

User Info Menu

Might not be relevant anymore - look at the start date of this thread...

User Info Menu

HH is great, and the coil split sounds are very useful single coil( no volume drop amd clean no noise ) the guitar is a masterpiece

User Info Menu

Anyone looking to sell a Luke 2? Color doesn’t matter, need a clean one for backup to my iii,,,, EMGs are fine , just another tone choice.

User Info Menu

Try posting in the WTB thread.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"