Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass

Thread: Is this a real silo?

User Info Menu

Is this a real silo?

Here is a question for BP or Dudley. I have a fondness for the older 6 bolt silos with serial numbers on the back of the headstock. I recently spotted this guitar on ebay. I would like to get it as i have a loaded silo pickguard dated 1986, but i am unsure of the neck as the seller states it is mahogany. Did ebmm make any early (1986) silo's with a mahogany neck? Thanks. here is the link:

Music Man Silhouette Vintage 1986 The First Year The Real Deal One of A Kind | eBay

User Info Menu

it looks like mahogany :P! no idea if they did magohany's back then! how much is the autowin?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by genaearon View Post
    it looks like mahogany :P! no idea if they did magohany's back then! how much is the autowin?
    There is not a buy it now or else I would have probably snagged it by now, but I just wanted to clarify with someone in the know before I pull the trigger.

User Info Menu

It looks real to me. Although there are not many pictures....the ser number should be on the back of the headstock which it is...
    Looks like a lot of the original parts are missing....The ser number is not in our database as it was before we kept records..Cannot verify the finish...... could be a nice buy if the price is right

User Info Menu

Thats one rare puppy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    It looks real to me. Although there are not many pictures....the ser number should be on the back of the headstock which it is...
    Looks like a lot of the original parts are missing....The ser number is not in our database as it was before we kept records..Cannot verify the finish...... could be a nice buy if the price is right
    Anyone have any recollection of the mahogany neck??? The logo appears correct for the time period (early 1986). This would be great as I do have a loaded pickguard from a 1986 Silo, including the schaller pickups! I am going to go for this one!

User Info Menu

Pics of the loaded pickguard I have.

Is this a real silo?-image-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this a real silo?-image-jpg  

User Info Menu

I've been watching that one too.
    Love them 6 bolts.

User Info Menu

Did anyone here win it ? ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marantz1300 View Post
    Did anyone here win it ? ?
    I missed out as the auction ended. I squeezed out a bid of $805, but someone sniped me in the end. I was bummed to have lost, but Im glad to see it went for over $800. These early EBMM guitars are very undervalued in my mind. You dont see them pop up very often. Some day, they will be very, very collectible I think.
    Ill keep on holding onto my 1986 loaded Silo pickguard, maybe another early Silo will pop up.