Mariposa Green
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reverb pedals.....whatcha got?

User Info Menu

reverb pedals.....whatcha got?

Looking into a Wet reverb.....probably the stereo one. Anyone have any experience with it? Also considering the Hardwire Supernatural, if anyone has any feedback on that.

Hell, I'm open to suggestions.

Whatcha got?
    jeremy

Reflex - Black Maple Hardtail - 11/07/12

User Info Menu

I like the Malekko reverbs and the Tech 21 R. V. B. Boost reverb. Also, the Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master is awesome Reverb + Delay pedal. My 2 cents.
    @end, love_take = love_make
    Now playing: Silhouette 20th Anniversary, hardtail, rosewood, non-match, 10s.

User Info Menu

I've got a Strymon BlueSky. Really awesome reverb! Spring, Room, Plate settings with availability of modulation and also shimmer for that fun ambient rainy day kinf of stuff. Strymon also has the Flynt which people seem to like a lot as well. Really love their stuff.
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

Just a digitech digital dalay. good settings sood sound pretty inexpensive. goes through my loop with the delay.

J
    www.myspace.com/gordonsalive
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jonnydubai
    Sub1 HH trem blue
    Silo Special (Metal Flake Green)
    Axis SS (trans orange)
    Fender Richie Kotzen Tele (bronze burst)

ENGL Blackmore 100
    Mesa Roadster 2x12
    Digitech CM-2, Digital Delay
    Morley Bad horsie 2
    Boss Octaver 2

User Info Menu

Strymon Bluesky Reverb for me. Sounds tremendous, the reverb hangs around each note like the morning mist clinging to a grassy field on a cool February morning. Never obtrusive, very complimentary. Seriously, I have recently changed to an all Strymon board and couldn't be happier. Plus Luke uses one. I have heard excellent things about the Wet too. Good luck. Here it is prior to getting Möbius and Orbit. The Luke models all play very well with the Strymon stuff, better than my analog stuff. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Andy G; 01-02-2013 at 02:01 AM.
    Musicman Luke Dargie Delight 1 (Fing's ex moved to UK)
    Musicman Luke Dargie Delight 2
    Musicman Luke Piezo Luke Blue signed twice by SL
    Musicman Luke PDN True Gold BFR
    Musicman Reissue Luke 1 Pearl Red

BP - "Maybe we can have luke hand deliver them....Maybe I will make every third one with kryptonite fretboards..."

DDGO Dargie Delight Guitar Owners
    SLOC Steve Lukather Owners Club
    L1RO Luke 1 Reissue Owners

User Info Menu

As Andy mentioned above Strymon are my "favorite" in Reverb and Delay - hands down.

With that said, I am not a big fan of huge reverb. During live gigs I determine what my "delay" is doing (my priority effect), and then add a pinch or so of spring reverb to decreetly round out the sound perimeters.

Quality is still very important but it needs to fit onto a tight pedal board ( two of my 3 my main amps do not have built in reverb, Marshall JCM 900 MKlll, VHT Pittbull CL100), so, TCE Hall of Fame Rev. got the job.

User Info Menu

TC Hall of Fame for me, great pedal.
    "What is understood need not be discussed"

User Info Menu

TC Hall of Fame for me as well...does what I need it to do perfectly.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

I've been looking for a reverb pedal too for a few months now. I tried them all and I was most impressed with EHX's Holy Grail pedal.
    If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience. - John Cage

Neptune Blue BFR ALSSS flamed with trem
    Trans Red Axis
    Eurorack modular and synth fiend.
    Twin Reverb 15"

User Info Menu

I use the reverb that is in the MarkV...does it for me
    Y2D PDN DOB 09/27/12
    Standard Morse DOB 07/17/12
    Darklord DOB 06/29/12
    Silhouette special all rosewood neck DOB 04/27/11
    25 anniv. BFR all rosewood neck. Nº 20 of 25 DOB 09/09/09

Mesa/Boogie MarkV head + 4x12 Recto Cab, Slant.

User Info Menu

Andy G - definately heard good things about the Strymon. A little more spendy than what I wanted, but not a deal breaker. The size factor is a little concerning for me though. That's one reason why I'm thinking the Wet.

Jamie M and mikeller - I have the HOF already. Something about my house and the TCE stuff (I have 3) doesn't jive. My board is dead quiet until I engage my HOF or Flashback.......then.......SPORTS RADIO RIGHT THRU MY AMP. Not impressed. Weeding out the TCE pedals. First to go is the Flashback, then the HOF.
    jeremy

User Info Menu

Are you using the HOF/Flashback thru an effects loop or in front of the amp?

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Andy G - definately heard good things about the Strymon. A little more spendy than what I wanted, but not a deal breaker. The size factor is a little concerning for me though. That's one reason why I'm thinking the Wet.

Jamie M and mikeller - I have the HOF already. Something about my house and the TCE stuff (I have 3) doesn't jive. My board is dead quiet until I engage my HOF or Flashback.......then.......SPORTS RADIO RIGHT THRU MY AMP. Not impressed. Weeding out the TCE pedals. First to go is the Flashback, then the HOF.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikeller View Post
    Are you using the HOF/Flashback thru an effects loop or in front of the amp?
    Out front. No loop on my amp.
    jeremy

User Info Menu

I like the holy grail reverb myself
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

I've hear a lot of good things about the WET as well and its is quite customizable with the different algorithms/patches you can load into it. But I just love that with the Strymon you have so much versatility with the knobs. Also I dont mind the size because you have basically 2 in one. The favorite switch is awesome. Cant do that with the other reverbs.
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12