Ultra Burly

Thread: NYNGD #3: New Year New Guitar Days!

User Info Menu

Red face NYNGD #3: New Year New Guitar Days!

Hi everyone! Thanks again for all the cool posts on NYNGD #1 and #2! Another day, another belated NGD: NYNGD (New Year's New Guitar Day) Number 3!

If you've been following my insanity a little bit, then you know that my main daily go-to guitar that has seen hundreds (thousands, maybe?) of rehearsals and dozens of gigs is my 1995 opaque black Silhouette with floating Floyd Rose, rosewood fretboard, etc. And I have collected pretty much every color of mid-90's Floyd-equipped Silhouette.

So you can imagine my G.A.S. when Derek announced the one-off's for this year's guitar shows: A limited run of clasic reissues which featured the original Swamp Ash bodies, 24 frets, and a floating Floyd Rose! Of course, I jumped on them.

Today we have a Silhouette Classic Reissue in Pacific Blue Burst:

I picked this up from Derek, Glen, and Alex from GC at the Philly Guitar Show in November. This is a super dark example of the Pacific Blue Burst finish -- the blue is very subtle between the black bursting and the black pickguard. It also really shows the grain in the Swamp Ash.

I will be honest that it would have been my preference to have a H-S-H pickup combination, as that's my bread and butter, but EBMM wanted to stay true to the layout of the earlier Silhouettes. Which is fine -- this guitar still sounds great and feels even better! Loving it!

I'll be back tomorrow (or maybe even tonight) with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day! Thanks for joining me on this journey!

(P.S. The first photo is the "official" Music Man glamour shot, not mine.)

User Info Menu

Congrats yet again! So far, this one is my favorite.

User Info Menu

you're having a good start to the year Jeff,

User Info Menu

Damn Jeff!

You are the man. Your collection is nothing short of AMAZING!
    Y2D PDN DOB 09/27/12
    Standard Morse DOB 07/17/12
    Darklord DOB 06/29/12
    Silhouette special all rosewood neck DOB 04/27/11
    25 anniv. BFR all rosewood neck. Nș 20 of 25 DOB 09/09/09

Mesa/Boogie MarkV head + 4x12 Recto Cab, Slant.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieJohn View Post
    NO! I didn't get all of these since 1/1/2013!!! These are guitars I got over time that I didn't post in my guitar gallery...

-J

User Info Menu

ooops! I must pay more attention , either way they are great guitars, enjoy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by acwild View Post
    Me too!

In fact I was considering ordering one of these when they were announced last year. Scott at EBMM kindly asked the UK distributor to contact me but (no surprise) they never did so I missed the order window.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by acwild View Post
    Thanks @acwild! This one is kind of a "sleeper" -- the finish is subtle but really nice when you look closely!

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieJohn View Post
    @ErnieJohn: NO! I didn't get all of these since 1/1/2013!!! These are guitars I got over time that I didn't post in my guitar gallery...

Quote Originally Posted by guitarp77 View Post
    Damn Jeff! You are the man. Your collection is nothing short of AMAZING!
    Thanks @guitarp77!

Quote Originally Posted by coldsummer View Post
    Me too! In fact I was considering ordering one of these when they were announced last year. Scott at EBMM kindly asked the UK distributor to contact me but (no surprise) they never did so I missed the order window.
    Yeah, what's with that? I remember Scott opening it up International buyers, and then I didn't hear anything more. So nobody outside the USA ended up getting one?