Ernie Ball Cables
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Luke III with Push/Push Pot Fault

When I recieved my LIII the push/push volume pot fell right off in my hand the first time I touched it. I reattached it and quickly figured out that it needed to be positioned higher up the pot shaft in order to work properly. I did wonder why it was so loose to begin with though.
    1993 LUKE I Pearl Blue DOB: 15/12/93
    1998 LUKE II Luke Blue DOB: 05/10/98 Signed by Lucious
    2012 LUKE II PDN Classic Honey Burst DOB: 31/08/12
    2013 LIII HH Bodhi Blue DOB: 17/09/13

Fractal MFC101
    Matrix GT1000FX
    Marshall 4x12 & 2x12

MM luke 3 push push fault

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    My new LIII got stuck this weekend with the pre-amp push/push pot stuck in the on position. Talked with EBMM today (AJ was real nice)..it seems that I need to send the whole pre-amp and pot back to EBMM. I think it might be simpler to just send the guitar to them as I need to un-solder about 10 wires to get it loose.
    I'm bummed. By the time I pay a tech to remove it and re-install (becausee I am all thumbs with this stuff)..I could pay for express shipping to CA.

Have any new LIII owners had this problem and do any of the moderators know about this? Or better yet, any quick fixes? I was hoping it was just going to be the pot-change out thing..now I have to be without my LII for a few weeks
    Any thoughts?
    I have had the same problem with my Luke 3, it was always a bit sticky and now it won't lock in to position,
    it stays on boost all the time. Has anyone found a quick fix ? Or do i have to return it to the shop ??
    thanks paul

HOLY THREAD SURRECTIONS!!!!

Drop customer service a call or email, see what they think or if they can help you out.

Good luck, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

I would take the knob off by loosening the set screw, and see if you can get the shaft to pop in and out by itself. If not, maybe try a bit of tri-flow lubricant on the shaft.

If that doesn't work, definitely contact CS.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

I had the same fault with my L3 HH not long into it's first year. I took it back to my retailer who replaced it swiftly with a push/pull type as it was going to take a LOOOOONG time for MM to ship a push/push replacement. This is something linked back with the other thread on shipping times to the UK which I totally understand the whole 'batch shipping due to cost' scenario.

In the end Merchant City Music came through for me with no gripes or grumbles at all and I've had no issues since.
    BFR Luke 2 Emerald Green Flame Top (which sucks)

PDN Neptune Blue Luke 3 H/H