Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Luke III with Push/Push Pot Fault

New Luke III with Push/Push Pot Fault

My new LIII got stuck this weekend with the pre-amp push/push pot stuck in the on position. Talked with EBMM today (AJ was real nice)..it seems that I need to send the whole pre-amp and pot back to EBMM. I think it might be simpler to just send the guitar to them as I need to un-solder about 10 wires to get it loose.
    I'm bummed. By the time I pay a tech to remove it and re-install (becausee I am all thumbs with this stuff)..I could pay for express shipping to CA.

Have any new LIII owners had this problem and do any of the moderators know about this? Or better yet, any quick fixes? I was hoping it was just going to be the pot-change out thing..now I have to be without my LII for a few weeks
    Any thoughts?
    Shaun

1995 Silhouette
    2013 Luke III
    Mesa Boogie NAMM Blue Angel

Sorry to hear it. Nope, you're doing the right thing. Let them take care of it under warranty.

You are not the first ....
    Immagine you bought it used in US and you leave in France
    You can't do anything imposdible to find only the pot and it's impossible to
    Get a new preamp even you buy it

I'm find this very great. and it 's a real case arrived for my best Friend
    He plays his L3 with the preamp always engaged
    This story is a nightmare
    A french reseller said to him that isn 't rare and he have changed a few time this part
    On his show room models

All is good in the better world

Sorry to hear this as well. I will say this..If I have to go through this more than once, I will be retro-fitting some EMGs or Tom Anderson pickups into the LIII...period.
    Shaun

1995 Silhouette
    2013 Luke III

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Sorry to hear this as well. I will say this..If I have to go through this more than once, I will be retro-fitting some EMGs or Tom Anderson pickups into the LIII...period.
    I will comment that the pups on the L3 are killer and the preamp does a fantastic job not only with the boost but with the output balance between the 5 switch settings. Hopefully you can get this quickly rectified.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I was getting ready to pack up the LIII for shipment back to EBMM and I tried out the preamp pot a couple of times and it kept "catching"...so much so that it made me wonder if the knob was situated correctly. Sure enough, the tension on the allen screw was barely there..the knob had slipped down the shaft. I re-positioned it higher on the shaft and tightened the hell out of it....works perfectly. I called AJ back and he (as I) were relieved! AJ said there were only a "few" issues with these anyway. SO!..pass this thread around to anyone who may be having the same issue....WHEW!!!!!!
    Shaun

1995 Silhouette
    2013 Luke III

Hey Casper,
    the same thing happened to me a while ago,loose knob. When I saw a thread starter just wanted to suggest checking it,but you have solved it . Enjoy your Luke,one great guitar!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I was getting ready to pack up the LIII for shipment back to EBMM and I tried out the preamp pot a couple of times and it kept "catching"...so much so that it made me wonder if the knob was situated correctly. Sure enough, the tension on the allen screw was barely there..the knob had slipped down the shaft. I re-positioned it higher on the shaft and tightened the hell out of it....works perfectly. I called AJ back and he (as I) were relieved! AJ said there were only a "few" issues with these anyway. SO!..pass this thread around to anyone who may be having the same issue....WHEW!!!!!!
    2007 Rad Red LUKE
    2008 Tobacco Burst Axis
    2013 Bodhi Blue LIII hss

Fantastic news!!! Killer guitar, glad you got it resolved
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Such great news........., but I must say that I had to return one of my new guitars for a repair and they had it fixed and shipped out within a few days....Customer service is great if you ever need them..fyi.....
    25th Anniversary, Flame Top, 2009
    Tobacco Burst Axis Super Sport Trem. BFR All Rosewood Neck
    DOB: 2/16/09
    Axis Tribute Trans Pink 2012
    Axis Tribute Trans Purple 2012
    Axis Tribute Trans Black 2012
    Axis Tribute Trans Blue 2012
    Axis Trans Orange 2012 Killer Neck
    American Standard Tele 2013 Jade Pearl Metallic
    Life is a journey, not a destination.....Enjoy the ride!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh9RX...1&feature=plcp

happy for you if all is good you have a good CS in your country not in mine ....it's a pity

Thanks all! I am relieved. Seems all the good guitars are made in California..unfortunately I am on the opposite coast...wasn't looking forward to shiping my new axe. AJ was a prince though. I am a former Tom Anderson player and the customer service was excellent, so far I am impressed!
    Shaun

1995 Silhouette
    2013 Luke III

Thanks for this thread! It saved me a ton of time

I love threads like this!

It's good to check the pots and other screws once a year or so on guitars, depending on how much gigging is done various screws could get very loose (worst case fall off...)

thanks for posting this I had exactly the same issue and it helped