BFR Feb 2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which EBMM do you MISS the most.........

User Info Menu

Which EBMM do you MISS the most.........

If you are like me, you have probably had a few EBMMs come and go throughout your lifetime. Wich of those that are now gone do you regret giving up or miss the most? I'll start. I had a wonderful JP a while ago. I foolishly sold it is fit of "needing" money for other gear (yeah - with time and wisdom I realized - that's not really a "need" - D'oh!).

In any event, I really miss that guitar. I've never played one with a better trem system. EVER. And the neck wa absolutely perfect!

SO, lets hear about the one that you miss most and why. Oh yeah - pics are always appreciated. . Here's mine (I hope she found a good home!):

Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

Honeyburst ASS. It was my 2nd EBMM and I should have never let it go (lesson learned). My hard drive crashed a few years ago and I lost my pics of it (another lesson learned). It just had "it".

A close 2nd for me was an old white Silo Special that I sold here on the forum. It was one the most comfortable guitars I've ever played.

Guitars come and go pretty easily in my life, but I miss these two for sure.
    jeremy

Reflex - Black Maple Hardtail - 11/07/12

User Info Menu

Trans purple EVH............. it was a sad, sad day.

J
    www.myspace.com/gordonsalive
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jonnydubai
    Sub1 HH trem blue
    Silo Special (Metal Flake Green)
    Axis SS (trans orange)
    Fender Richie Kotzen Tele (bronze burst)

ENGL Blackmore 100
    Mesa Roadster 2x12
    Digitech CM-2, Digital Delay
    Morley Bad horsie 2
    Boss Octaver 2

User Info Menu

my pink evh...tried a few times to get it back but he wont let it go
    PRS Custom 24 Floyd artist package-Abalone
    PRS Custom 24 Floyd artist package-Bonnie Pink
    Axe FX II
    all mogami platinum/gold cables

User Info Menu

Of the few I have sold - I miss my Mint Green AL HH....sold to fellow forumite dannymusic!!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

I miss my Y2D everyday of my life....

User Info Menu

well, i miss them all, but the EBMM i miss most is not the BFR JP, not the red EVH, not the JP7, not the rosewood ASS, not the LE06 JP...it is the 2007LE JP6.
    blue dawn is just a killer color. the guitar felt superb and it was like new as i sold it....yes i regret it.

91 EVH Trans Black Quilt Top
    ?? Axis EX Trans Red Quilt Top
    05 JP6 Mystic Dream
    09 JP6 Dargie Delight II
    10 JP6 Pearl Redburst Limited
    07 JP6 BFR Ruby Red Burst
    05 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    06 SM-Y2D Tobacco Burst
    10 SM-Y2D BFR Black Sugar
    12 SM-Y2D PDN Honey Roasted
    14 SM-Y2D Rosewood Neck Solar Flare
    OLP MM-5 Silhouette Bassguitar
    OLP MM-1
    SBMM JP70 Stealth Black
    SBMM JP70D Pearl White ltd.

check out: www.reverbnation.com/morbidsky

User Info Menu

I miss the only other EBMM I've ever owned like crazy. It was a 1998 Amber Axis with a rosewood board. Never seen another one like it until very recently. Unfortunately, it sits in guitar heaven as UPS destroyed it in shipping when I sold it. Fortunately, the buyer had already paid me and was able to recover his money thanks to insurance.

I foolishly sold it to buy a PRS McCarty. Thanks to that incident, I will never sell another special guitar that I acquire again. I will only add to the collection now.
    Eric

Current
    Axis Tribute Trans Black born 12/29/2011
    Silhouette Classic Trans Teal Ash w/floyd 2013 born 3/23/2013
    AL Trans Amber 3 single coil w/solid rosewood neck

Former
    Petrucci BFR Cherryburst Flame born 1/25/2010
    Sub1 Black on Black born 3/11/2005
    Silhouette Special Hardtail Purple born 06/17/1999
    RIP 1998 Amber Axis with Rosewood board destroyed in shipping by UPS in 2000

User Info Menu

I miss my JP6 Pearl Redburst without Piezo. I don't know the build year, since i got it used, but it was Pre D-Sonic.
    I thought a PRS Custom 24 would be better, but... nothing beats a JP IMHO.
    Sadly there are no pics, since my old PC died one me 2 years ago.
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

I miss my good old SUB...amazing guitar for the money, and when photographed properly, it looks nice:

[/URL]

But I don't like to sell off gear, and with limited money I think really good what I'd like to use before I buy stuff..therefore it's the only Ball I sold.
    2003 Luke Luke Blue signed twice by Lucious
    2007 Luke LE Blue Dawn signed by Lucious

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe web View Post
    well, i miss them all, but the EBMM i miss most is not the BFR JP, not the red EVH, not the JP7, not the rosewood ASS, not the LE06 JP...it is the 2007LE JP6.
    blue dawn is just a killer color. the guitar felt superb and it was like new as i sold it....yes i regret it.

thats quite the collection if I ever saw one!

User Info Menu

I haven't sold any of my EBMMs...yet. I'll probably let one of my Rosewood ASSs go at some point, though.

Even so, I don't particularly miss any gear I've sold. The closest would probably be the Two Rock that I gave up to fund an AxeFx.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    If you are like me, you have probably had a few EBMMs come and go throughout your lifetime. Wich of those that are now gone do you regret giving up or miss the most? I'll start. I had a wonderful JP a while ago. I foolishly sold it is fit of "needing" money for other gear (yeah - with time and wisdom I realized - that's not really a "need" - D'oh!).

In any event, I really miss that guitar. I've never played one with a better trem system. EVER. And the neck wa absolutely perfect!

SO, lets hear about the one that you miss most and why. Oh yeah - pics are always appreciated. . Here's mine (I hope she found a good home!):

I missed out when I saw that on ebay a few years back.... so I miss that one as well...

I missed my MD JP6... Rectified that by getting a new one
    Balls..... everywhere!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe web View Post

Dat OLP!
    Proud Owner Of:
    Ernie Ball Musicman JP12

User Info Menu

Norrin I never even knew you sold that JP. I can certainley understand your regret as that had such a unique finish and I always found it unique.

Lesthanone- I know you are still kicking yourself-but you can't say I didn't warn you! I honestly feel your pain lol. Seriously though at least you know where it is and I hope one day you can get it back.

Personally I have never sold any of my EBMM guitars so I have no regrets at the present. In fact in all the years of playing there have been only two guitars I wish I never offed, but you can't dwell on what has been done.