BFR Feb 2020

Thread: Joe Bonamassa Show 5/3/2013

User Info Menu

Joe Bonamassa Show 5/3/2013

Went and saw the Joe Bonamassa show in Detroit at The Fox Theatre, 5/3/2013. Went to the meet and greet session before the show too. Had Joe sign my 2012 PDN Y2D which I used at my wedding just 6 days before where my best man and I performed a medley of India, Django, Led Zep's "Thank You," and "Mountain Time," which, of course, have special meaning for us. My wife came with us with a bouquet and her veil. She told Joe the story and had Joe sign our wedding invitation too. Pics below.

Great show! Unfortunately, I forgot to ask him if he's tried out the Armada.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe Bonamassa Show 5/3/2013-dsc_0177-1_zps620a4a8a-jpg  
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Very cool! Sounds like you had a great night.

I just saw Joe last week in Denver. He said it was officially the largest audience he's ever had in North America. 2200? (I forget the exact number) people. It still amazes me how few people know about Joe.
    jeremy

Reflex - Black Maple Hardtail - 11/07/12

User Info Menu

He was saying that this show was also one of the biggest audiences he's played to in North America. Good for him!
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

great story and great pics. you told us the "mountain Time"-story before if I remember right?
    Congratulations to yur wedding and thanks for sharingg the pics. what guitars!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Joe was simply amazing. He just keeps getting better and better. My Dark Lord (pictured above) now has JB's sig next to Morse's. Unfortunately JB's is smudged because I stupidly put it in the gig bag before it completely dried but it doesn't really matter... it was amazing to meet him. He's totally cool.

James

JP6 (Black Sparkle)
    JP6 (Mystic Dream)
    JP7 (Blue Dawn)
    Steve Morse (dark Blueburst)
    Silo Spec. (Pearl Purple)
    BFR JP6 (Bahama Blue Burst)
    Albert Lee (Carbon Blue Pearl)
    25th Anniversary (Venetian Redburst)
    Axis (Lavender Pearl)
    BFR JP6 (Dargie Delight 2)
    Y2D (D-Purpleburst)
    JPX (Black Sugar)
    HH AL (Eldorado Gold)
    JPXI (Onyx)
    Dark Lord Morse
    LIII (Olive Gold)

Proud member of the ALOC and SMOC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    great story and great pics. you told us the "mountain Time"-story before if I remember right?
    Congratulations to yur wedding and thanks for sharingg the pics. what guitars!
    I told the story of how "Mountain Time" became special to us and how it inspired me to buy certain EBMM guitars like the Darklord, and the 2012 PDN Y2D.

http://forums.ernieball.com/music-ma...itar-time.html

User Info Menu

Saw Joe here in Phoenix April 21st. He mentioned that he had saved his best pair of socks for us (Phoenix) lol. He is a funny guy as well.

EBMM Game Changer - HSH
    EBMM Armada - Black
    EBMM Majesty 7 - Arctic Dream
    EBMM Luke III - 2014 PDN Neptune Blue HH - Roasted
    EBMM Luke III - Olive Gold - HSS - Roasted Maple Neck
    EBMM Axis - Trans Gold Quilt -Roasted Maple Neck
    EBMM Albert Lee - True Gold - Roasted Maple Neck - Mahogany Body - MM90's - Piezo - Hardtail
    EBMM Albert Lee - Classic White - RW Neck - MM90's - Piezo - Hardtail
    SBMM JP50 - Stealth Black
    SBMM AX30 - White
    SBMM AX40 - Trans Blue
    SBMM Silo20 - Black
    SBMM Ray 34

User Info Menu

great pic's!!!

User Info Menu

Looked like a great evening! Awesome looking PDN Y2D as well!
    "Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"

Lefty Axis Super Sport---Natural Quilt
    Lefty Axis Super Sport---Cabernet Pearl / Hard Tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mark View Post
    I'm confused. Someone makes a sports car named Steamer? Are they based in Cleveland?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brasco68 View Post
    Looked like a great evening! Awesome looking PDN Y2D as well!
    Thanks! We had a great time!

User Info Menu

Nice pics...I met Joe in a tiny music store in Atlanta...he was 17...same age as me @ the time and was absolutely ripping up a strat. It was inspiring to say the least.