Strap on your style

Thread: NGD - Luke III HSS

User Info Menu

NGD - Luke III HSS

Hello, guys. Long time lurker, and I thought I'd made a few posts at some point though they don't show up in my profile. With that said, this is my first time owning an EBMM guitar. I owned a Bongo 5 for awhile a few years back. I picked this up at the Louisville GC last Thursday after watching it sit idle for months. I feel like I was the only guy that would pick it up off the wall. The figuring in the body really jumps out in person and has a wonderful flow through the center of the burst. The neck of course is to die for. Tonally, I'm thoroughly enjoying it but waiting on my normal string sets to arrive for it. I switched to nothing but 7's over a year ago, and I must say it is nice to have a six again. The neck is so different from my Carvin and Ibanez 7's, but the contour allows me to position my left thumb in ways thinner necks won't allow, which permits me to comfortably transition between the guitars effortlessly. I managed to snag the pics off of GC's Platinum site and have included a crappy cell phone pic I took a few nights ago. I figured since purchased the guitar, they might not mind if I snag their pics of it.

I'm also awaiting my second EBMM. Emerald Green Sparkle JP12 7-string.

User Info Menu

Very nice! Congrats on the fine guitar
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Very nice. How do you like the rosewood neck? I played an Albert with one and it felt very nice.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Nice! I have the Olive Gold in HSS..welcome to the club!
    Shaun

1995 Silhouette
    2013 Luke III
    Mesa Boogie NAMM Blue Angel

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Tollie View Post
    Very nice. How do you like the rosewood neck? I played an Albert with one and it felt very nice.
    I am absolutely loving it. I've wanted a rosewood neck on a guitar since the first PRS Modern Eagle I played, probably close to ten years ago. To me, there's just something special about oil finished necks on this end of spectrum (rosewood, wenge, etc). Beauty aside, they just feel amazing to my hands with their more open, oily structure. I've just never found the right guitar with these types of necks, at the right time, that was still reasonably priced. The only other guitars that have fit that bill were AL HH's, but it never was the right time due to budget.

The carve on this neck is great. It feels like a very subtle V to the point where I wouldn't notice it as a V shape without knowing it was supposed to have more of that carve. It does make for a nice base to anchor my thumb on the lower portion of the neck when reaching to either side of the fretboard without wanting to wrap my thumb around the neck. Since I've really become accustomed to the wider necks on my 7-string guitars, the thicker profile reduces the tension on my joints instead of causing me to over-clamp the neck.
    Luke III HSS - Vintage Sunburst
    Incoming: JP12 7-String - Emerald Green Sparkle
    Kemper, 11 Rack, and random pedal experimenter...

User Info Menu

Really cool, congrats. I love the sunburst on these..last time at GC I saw one just like this, played it for a while as it was attracting me in like a lure. I just love how the burst looks on a Luke.
    Current:
    Valentine
    Reflex Custom - Trans Black Flame
    SM-Y2D - Tobacco Burst

Exes:
    Axis - Burnt Apple
    JP6 - Mystic Dream

User Info Menu

Very cool!
    Y2D PDN DOB 09/27/12
    Standard Morse DOB 07/17/12
    Darklord DOB 06/29/12
    Silhouette special all rosewood neck DOB 04/27/11
    25 anniv. BFR all rosewood neck. Nș 20 of 25 DOB 09/09/09

Mesa/Boogie MarkV head + 4x12 Recto Cab, Slant.

User Info Menu

Great guitar, finish and config! Such a great guitar in terms of playability and tone.

EBMM Game Changer - HSH
    EBMM Armada - Black
    EBMM Majesty 7 - Arctic Dream
    EBMM Luke III - 2014 PDN Neptune Blue HH - Roasted
    EBMM Luke III - Olive Gold - HSS - Roasted Maple Neck
    EBMM Axis - Trans Gold Quilt -Roasted Maple Neck
    EBMM Albert Lee - True Gold - Roasted Maple Neck - Mahogany Body - MM90's - Piezo - Hardtail
    EBMM Albert Lee - Classic White - RW Neck - MM90's - Piezo - Hardtail
    SBMM JP50 - Stealth Black
    SBMM AX30 - White
    SBMM AX40 - Trans Blue
    SBMM Silo20 - Black
    SBMM Ray 34