Strap Blocks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been a while, back with a GORGEOUS JP12 in Bali Blueburst!

User Info Menu

Cool Been a while, back with a GORGEOUS JP12 in Bali Blueburst!

Hey guys, been a while! Did you miss me? I stopped by the Guitar Center up in Rockville since I was in the area and as I was browsing the tasty used selection I came across a real jaw-dropper... an absolutely gorgeous JP12 6'er in Bali Blueburst! The top on this one is just stunning too, I've seen a bunch of them and they're a bit hit or miss, some are have subtly flamed maple tops... but not this one! I swapped the bridge pickup out for a DiMarzio Dominion as I'm not a fan of the Crunchlab personally (although I will say the middle position, especially with the tone pot pulled up, sounded incredible with the stock pickup config! DAT SPANK!) and now the guitar is a serious metal machine! \m/ Love everything about it, need to set it up with my .011's in Drop-C, but other than that this thing is just perfect! Really dig the mahogany body and neck too, I love the standard JP configuration but this thing has so much ass behind the tone it's not funny, through my Kemper it just sounds incredible!

Now on to what you likely clicked the thread for in the first place, the pictures (went a little overboard with the pics, but the top is so three dimensional on this one that I was hypnotized and had to keep taking more from different angles! haha)!

Few more pics below due to the image limit!
    -[matt]-

User Info Menu

After I picked it up I did some searching and found the GC Platinum Gallery pics for mine, these are the original dealer pics:

Just a stunning piece of work from the shop in SoCal! Been playing the crap out of it since I picked it up, thanks and kudos to the awesome folks at EBMM! Also just wanted to say thanks for doing this limited run for GC, the color is fantastic and something I wanted to order on another guitar, but figured since it's already been done on the JP platform (and I loved the specs for the JP12 in particular!), you guys saved me from spending WAY more on a small luthier build when I got a killer guitar in this JP12 6'er for a good deal less than the small builder guitar would have run me!
    -[matt]-

User Info Menu

Wow !!! That's amazing !! It looks incredible !! Along with the cherry burst, bali blueburst are the best looking tops !!
    JP6 BFR Cherry Burst
    Fender Nashville Telecaster (mex) modded with DiMarzio Mo'Joe (bridge) and ProTrack (middle)
    Brunnetti mc2

User Info Menu

Awesome looking JP! Great pics too. Thanks.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

Any chance you could take some better pics?

User Info Menu

I love mine too! Congrats!
    Feels good being a Premier Dealer. I can own more Balls this way.
    glorydaysrockshop.com
    facebook.com/glorydaysrockshop
    http://stores.ebay.com/Glory-Days-Rock-Shop

JPX 7 Black Sugar w/Roasted Neck
    Luke BFR Neptune Blue
    Axis Tribute Pink

User Info Menu

Sweeeeeet! I love that color, and yours has a fantastik top. Overboard with the pics? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple (HSS, Floyd)
    '11 JP6 Pearl White (Loaded)
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 PDN Axis Honey Burst
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset (Floyd)
    '12 JPX Barolo

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Any chance you could take some better pics?
    Hmmm I'll see what I can do, my apologies for these garbage shots, figured a few pics beat out no pics but I could be wrong there!
    -[matt]-

User Info Menu

congrats! I love the guitar and the finish is stellar!! Enjoy it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
    Hmmm I'll see what I can do, my apologies for these garbage shots, figured a few pics beat out no pics but I could be wrong there!
    Great shots man. Gorgeous guitar for sure.

User Info Menu

Ya know sometimes the more amazed I am the less I use foul language when expressing myself. When exceptionally impressed I revert to expressions from my childhood...

Janey macarooney and Holey kamoley!!!

That is one astonishing guitar!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

That looks amazing!!!!
    If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience. - John Cage

Neptune Blue BFR ALSSS flamed with trem
    Trans Red Axis
    Eurorack modular and synth fiend.
    Twin Reverb 15"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Ya know sometimes the more amazed I am the less I use foul language when expressing myself. When exceptionally impressed I revert to expressions from my childhood...

Janey macarooney and Holey kamoley!!!

That is one astonishing guitar!
    Janey macarooney indeed! that is the nicest Bali I've seen,

User Info Menu

Stunning!!
    JP6 Mystic Dream DOB: 6/24/08
    BFR JP7 Dargie Delight DOB: 5/17/10

User Info Menu

But seriously, mother nature is jaw-droppingly amazing. That top is breathtaking. And then the quality of the workmanship - the colour, the finish quality, the fret polish, it's just astonishing. The last honey whatsit PDN thingy is dead to me now. Tonight I will dream of a Silhouette Special with a Y2D-style transparent pickguard in this colour. Roll on bed time!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service