Mariposa Green

Thread: Interchangeable Necks

User Info Menu

Interchangeable Necks

Basically, I have 2 JP6 Standards, and a BFR. I'm assuming the JP6 necks can be swapped, since they're the same exact models.

Are the Standard and BFR Necks able to to be swapped on their respective bodies? I say this because I want to experiment with my Rosewood/Roasted Necks.
    Check out my Youtube Channel!
    Jonathan Amaral Music

User Info Menu

Did you ever figure this out? Im curious myself. I have a jp6 and would like to purchase additional neck/s for experimentation. Roasted maple would look so good on my stealth

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tim33 View Post
    Did you ever figure this out? Im curious myself. I have a jp6 and would like to purchase additional neck/s for experimentation. Roasted maple would look so good on my stealth
    Buying another JP model guitar is the only way to get another neck. EBMM doesn't sell just necks or bodies.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Since you have both guitars it can't hurt to try it out. I've done successful swaps on Silhouettes and Albert Lee's but being the same model as you mentioned was no big deal. My favorite swap was a rosewood neck I had on an Albert Lee for a maple neck that Beej had on one of his.

If you try this let us know.

fred
    Play Ball!!

User Info Menu

Yep Still very happy with that one.