Straps 2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who owns this one? (Axis Sport MM90 content)

User Info Menu

So who owns this one? (Axis Sport MM90 content)

I want this guitar (or one like it) in a bad way. I really like the blue color on the Axis Sport. Who wants to sell something like this to me.

I don't even care if it's an HH, I love the finish. The previous post with it said a forumite owns it now.

User Info Menu

Wow... Nice!!

User Info Menu

gorgeous!

i'd say that was refinished
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Lots of love for the Axis Sport here... Though I prefer the trans colors with a pick guard ...

Good luck in your search as that one looks sweet!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black HH Albert Lee (DOB 12.01.2009)
    Honey Roasted Axis - Quilt (DOB 09.20.2012)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 02.03.2014)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fogman View Post
    gorgeous!

i'd say that was refinished
    Foggy, why would you say that?? Looks a lot like Pearl Blue, which was offered in the Axis Sport.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

By the way that's a nice one, I've owned 3 Axis Sports myself, I loved them, but prefered the Silo Special and AL in the end.
    Of them all I prefered the MM90's over the HH.

Siliver Sparkle

Blue Dawn

Copper Pink

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I'm with Glenn on this. I don't think it is a refurb either. Nice color.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

It's definitely Pearl Blue and I don't think it was refinished. At least it was never mentioned in the posts on here. I think this one is in Europe and I doubt I will find a Pearl Blue one but I did put up a WTB post to acquire another Sport.

User Info Menu

So Johnny, check the Guitar Center used site, they seem to get a lot of Axis Sports. Keep an eye on EvilBay and Craigslist, I tend to see them there as well.

Good luck in your search. Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I check GC used all the time. For some reason they haven't gotten any Sports in for a long time. I agree they used to be on there all the time.

User Info Menu

Blue Pearl, I'd guess. (Pearl Blue was the darker blue on the original Luke run).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Wow, it's been nearly two years since I've posted. Good to see new friends and old friends once again.

Many thanks for nice comment on the Sport photo, Johnny, it was a great guitar. That particular one had a certain "something"; I kinda regret selling it. I am not a fan of trems (can't use 'em!), but I think it gave that particular Sport a little something in terms of body resonance. The neck was fantastic.

I bought it from a fellow forumite in London, and sold it on to another forumite up in Scotland, so there's every chance it's still in the family.

It was a completely standard Sport, no mods and no issues at all. Great guitar.

Good luck in the search for one (or that one!)

Hope everyone is well, might post again soon!

Gordon.

User Info Menu

Almost a year later and I never found one like this. Not even a HH version.

User Info Menu

Had you ordered a blue pearl MM90 ASS, we'd have had a NGD post months ago! (It is a current option).
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Uncle Alfie has one..with trem,and………………uh………………piezo………..succulent……..