Everlast

Thread: Favorite Standard Morse Color

User Info Menu

Favorite Standard Morse Color

Curious as to what everyone likes, love the color of the new number 1?? well maybe not NO.1 but that cool green color roasted neck one is awesome.

Is it the standard Morse Blue or something else-discuss por favor.

User Info Menu

Personally I love the blueburst. Like an old pair of jeans.

User Info Menu

I like the color of the new #1 too - but don't believe that color is available for order, correct?

So, instead I ordered a Neotunpe Blue.

Not to worry, have three standard Bluebursts, and like Beej actually prefer that color.

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Dunno the name, but this one is one of the most beautiful tops I've ever seen on any guitar, seriously.

I know it's not the "standard morse", but I had to say this.

User Info Menu

That is 'purple sunset' on the Y2D...& is beautiful....

My favourite std colour is probably this but the PG sways me I think it just works together all round for me
    whereas the std plain black p/g seem just flat

Favorite Standard Morse Color-dsc06289-jpg
    Favorite Standard Morse Color-morse1-jpg
    Favorite Standard Morse Color-morse5-jpg

User Info Menu

I have had the blue burst like an idiot i sold it. Now have a tobacco burst which is a cool finish too...

User Info Menu

I think the Blue Burst is classic and is what 'just looks right' because we are so used to seeing it in that color scheme.
    I think the Morse standard can be a lot like some other classic double cutaway guitars in that it looks great with lots of different body/pick guard combos. The only limitation really is that the pickups are only offered in black (kind of ironic since Dimarzio offers a ridiculous amount of color options). I think if we added cream and or white pickup options the Morse could be even more stunning because certain color combos just look 'right' with non-black pickups.
    I've been dreaming about a Morse standard in Lake Tahoe Blue with Tortoise Shell pick guard and Cream pickups...
    I love my standard in Morse Blue Burst and know that I have one of the best made guitars in the world, I am completely happy knowing that alone. As I believe Steve himself said in an interview, you really only see your guitar when you take it out/put it back into it's case, as you only see the neck when you're playing anyway. I can still dream of the endless combos of color options though, right?
    2014 Morse Standard-Blueburst
    2005 Luke - Carbon Blue Pearl

User Info Menu

I watched a few of the recent videos Steve did with Sweetwater and he was playing what I thought was his new replacement (number 2???). I instantly fell in love with the color because it's -very- close to a Ford color called 'azure blue'. The only cars to recieve this paint were some of the 2003/4 Mustang Mach 1's, one of which we own...

I started having visions of an AL HH in this color and called EBMM to find out about it....and they said '"sorry, it was a custom job for Steve that won't be offered..."

I'm still half tempted to get one of my black guitars painted that color....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

xjbebop - I too have contacted EBMM about getting a Morse in that color, and was told the same thing... Sigh...

Big Poppa - you're leaving money on the table - there's interest out there for maybe a PDN run of Steve's new color!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

I'm kinda bummed about the new No1, as one of the things I've always loved about EBMM is the fact, that the artist plays exactly the same thing that normal customers can buy in the stores.
    MusicMan Axis Pacific Blue Burst, DOB: 3/17/08, Bought: 8/18/13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Firesource View Post
    I'm kinda bummed about the new No1, as one of the things I've always loved about EBMM is the fact, that the artist plays exactly the same thing that normal customers can buy in the stores.
    Same here... it's part of the magic.

User Info Menu

This. Love my Morse Blueburst because its just like his "old" No. 1.
    BFR Axis Super Sport Purple #12/27
    BFR Majesty Fuchsia Sparkle #4/74
    BFR Morse Tahitian Blue #62/69
    Majesty Monarchy Royal Purple
    PDN Starry Night Steve Morse Y2D

Like The Wet Dark on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/thewetdark/
    Follow us on Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/thewetdark

User Info Menu

I guess we'll have to wait for SMIII with a roasted neck and the new finishes to come out then
    MusicMan Axis Pacific Blue Burst, DOB: 3/17/08, Bought: 8/18/13

User Info Menu

I guess we'll have to wait for SMIII with a roasted neck and the new finishes to come out then
    Don't tempt me, Frodo!
    BFR Axis Super Sport Purple #12/27
    BFR Majesty Fuchsia Sparkle #4/74
    BFR Morse Tahitian Blue #62/69
    Majesty Monarchy Royal Purple
    PDN Starry Night Steve Morse Y2D

Like The Wet Dark on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/thewetdark/
    Follow us on Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/thewetdark