Straps 2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke 3 Tremolo Arm tip

User Info Menu

Luke 3 Tremolo Arm tip

Hi all, just took delivery of a Luke 3 today. Superb guitar. Anyway I notice the tip on my trem bar is black while I was expecting chrome. Not that it matters at all but did some luke 3's ship with black and some with chrome tips? Great guitar, really is.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

HSS ship with black. HH Ship with chrome.
    "Hello! This is A.J.! How can I help you?"

If you have any questions or concerns please email me: aj@ernieball.com

PMs and messages written on my wall are not addressed as quickly as emails.

If you want to know when your instrument was completed please post in one of the serial number threads.

User Info Menu

Mine is HH. Somebody messed up then!

User Info Menu

It's unique!

User Info Menu

Oh, bummer - somebody at the store put in the wrong arm, maybe? Chrome doesn't only look better, it feels nicer, too. Hope you may still get this sorted!

User Info Menu

Thanks. AJ has arranged for the right one to be sent. I will let you know when it arrives!

User Info Menu

I notice the tip on my trem bar is black while I was expecting chrome. ???

User Info Menu

Perhaps you got a Luke II trem arm in error? Actually I prefer the Luke II trem arm because it's smaller and lower. The LIII arm seems very unwieldy in comparison, and therefore much less comfortable. I kind of got used to it, but prefer the Luke II arm still.
    1993 LUKE I Pearl Blue DOB: 15/12/1993
    1998 LUKE II Luke Blue DOB: 05/10/1998 Signed by Lucious
    2012 LUKE II PDN Classic Honey Burst DOB: 31/08/2012
    2013 LIII HH Bodhi Blue DOB: 17/09/2013

Fractal FC12
    Matrix GT1000FX
    Marshall 4x12 & 2x12

User Info Menu

The new trem tip (chrome ) has arrived. Thanks to EBMM! Problem is I cant get the old one off. I have been told it should simply unscrew and the new one can screw straight on. This is not the case so far. Also been told the Luke 2 and 3 arms are the same apart from the tip so any advice is welcome. Does the Luke 2 tip unscrew easily? thanks

User Info Menu

The Luke II arm is quite a bit smaller than the LIII arm.
    Also the Luke II arm is angled differently, so when fitted, the tip of the arm is lower / closer to the guitar body. I find the Luke II arm very easy & comfortable to use. As far as I can see both the Luke II & LIII arms both have tips that are fixed quite solidly. I've never tried to remove the tip from either arm. I've considered changing the LIII arm for a Luke II arm, which I might still do at some point

Fractal FC12
    Matrix GT1000FX
    Marshall 4x12 & 2x12

User Info Menu

The trem arm for the Luke 2 is the same as the Luke 3. They use the exact same trem and arm (with the exception of a chrome tip on the HH Luke 3). Any difference in angle should be slight and could be due to tolerances in manufacturing.
    "Hello! This is A.J.! How can I help you?"

If you have any questions or concerns please email me: aj@ernieball.com

PMs and messages written on my wall are not addressed as quickly as emails.

If you want to know when your instrument was completed please post in one of the serial number threads.

User Info Menu

The top arm is Luke II, and the bottom one is LIII. Big difference! Note not only the length of the arm, but the angle.

Fractal FC12
    Matrix GT1000FX
    Marshall 4x12 & 2x12

User Info Menu

There's a small screw in the block that tightens the tremolo arm (which is nice, take note Fender), try to loosen this up to se if it's easier to pull out the tremolo arm.

User Info Menu

Yes, you are spot on ksandvik, but it's not the topic here - I believe beppe is trying to take off the tip only, not the whole arm.
    Used to have olive gold LIII HH , my trem tip was indeed chrome, and unscrewed rather easy. Now I have bodhi blue hss , the trem feels a bit different than on my rad red LII.
    Ex-guitar player .

User Info Menu

Oh, sorry the tip, yes. Hmm, grease the inside with something?